Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a chevy 4.3L vortec motor,tanny,and t-case. does anyone know if my stock zuki axles will be able to withstand the new motor or not.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some other things to consider...

Tire size?
Lockers?
How heavy is your foot?

I'm sure some people have made it work for them, but I wouldn't trust it. Bring some spares when you go wheeling, and start preparing for an upgrade.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would love to find some yota axles but im so tight on money you couldn't squeez a fart between it. lol

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Zuk axles and a 4.3 screams grenaded birfields! Get some toy axles should be able to find a set for cheap and then sell you axles to offset the toys. What year motor, type of tranny and t-case did you get?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok this is amazing i just got my hands on some yota axles but the bad thing about it is that they sat up in the wisconson or some place like that and the breaks both front and rear are shot they are full of rust and i got to completely relace the rear drums. these axles need some wicked TLC to get them running again. the front is off set to the right and i belive that the t-case on the 4.3 is to the left any ideas or susgestion? i dont know what year the 4.3 is but ill post that up later tonight.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts