Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Relocated my fuel tank last week, finished the install today. Stock tailights were in the way of where the fuel filler "wanted" to go so I cut these in:

Here's the tank:

Closeup of new filler location:

I'm thinking of putting an OBA port in the old filler location. Anyone seen anything else go there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro, I know it's just a trail rig but I hate riding around in a TOTAL hack job:drive:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
yeah i hate that as well but i had to get by....its nice to set your rig apart from everyone elses as well too

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any suggestions on making it sturdier? I sure can't afford a pillar lift... As it sits I have shaken it as hard as I can without a hint of movement but I see your point. I just don't know of another way:help:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
The problem of course lies in shaking it. Those are cinder blocks. They crumble under pressure. The right mix of pressure and load and they explode. One less jeeper. Not good. Borrow my jackstands, with some 4"x4" blocks under them to balance the load on that soft ground. I have suspended my jeep with four jackstands, many times and it is far safer than cinder blocks. If that tent blows away, someone is gonna think that you got jacked like smokey and the bandit :flipoff:

call anytime if you want to borrow the jackstands

Nate 250-4566c

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Jackstands are good!
Usually you can get them at Checker or Autozone for pretty cheap. Even if they are the 3 ton ones, just put some good wood blocks under them and you are good to go. I've even used 4 16" diameter logs before...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is pretty old, but what did that tank come out of? is that the stock YJ tank? looks like you don't have the rear seats in there, is there room for them in ther or does the tank take up too much room?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's the stock tank, you could raise a seat and put it in there but I wouldn't be comfortable sitting on 20 gallons of fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts