Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading on a few sites and in some mags that it's just fine to pull the front and rear trac bars from the YJ, to increase flex.

I would like to get some experience input on the subject, or what people have seen.

I would like to keep this vehicle capable of highway speeds, and don't want to pull the trac bars if it's going to affect the day to day drivability.

The Jeep is my DD.

Thanks for the input,

Jeff

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've had my track bars off for over a year with no problems. It rides better and it definitely flexes better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine have been off for about 6 years without a prob, I'd say take them off and go for a ride if you don't like it, put them back in.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ran mine for several years with them off prior to building mine and had no ill effects. I think they were a concession to appease the DOT from the old CJ rollover lawsuit crap. At the very least take the back one off and put quick disconects on the front.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the input,

I had a CJ prior to this, but it never left the valley we lived in. I'm trying to keep this one (the YJ) capable of highway cruising.

I'm planning on pulling the rear and disconnecting the sway this weekend and see how it drives.

Thanks again,

Jeff

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I pulled the sway bar in the front and the trac bar in the back.

I dig it. Feels like it softened up the suspension alot.

Has more body roll but I got use to it really quickly and even at highway speeds it's not an issue.

-Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts