Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I got a few things done, just waiting on parts and more money.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Not quite yet! We got the radiator today. We still have some wiring and all the fuel lines and tranny lines to route and hook up. The brake system still needs to be figured out. Lots of stuff left. I'll probably wait to get it running until I get all the fab and welding done. Quite a huge list , when I really think about it.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
We got a few things done over the weekend, despite me being sick. The new conversion radiator came the beginning of last week. Looks like it should do the job. Yesterday, Joey(owner of the Jeep), ordered up a new fuel cell and an Holley Truck Evenger carb. All we have left to do on the cage would be all of the seat belt tabs and grab handles. Then off to weldin'.

Attachments

Thanks for the comments! That croos-bar was a pain in the as*! I had to sit down and have a few beers after that 3 hr. job.
:thumb:price quote on that cross bar with shipping to 83301. !!!:thumb:

just kidding, but I wish I could pull off one of those for my build. I'll have to do mine in three pieces with sleeves to pivot, then weld up.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere with this Jeep. But now I have lots of welding to do. I need to find out the color code on J.Reynolds Bronco so we can paint or powdercoat the cage.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Heres a couple of things I got done in the last couple of days. I'm trying to get the frame done so I can get the body back on. The flame is cut out of 1/8 plate. I'll paint it a different color to high-light it.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Powdercoating over here on the coast is not a real good idea. Once it starts to rust, theres no saving it. Paint is real easy to remove if you ever have to weld an after thought on. The flame is just an eye catcher. Only for looks.

I agree on the painting, forgot you are on the coast, i use to live in Washington so i know what you mean. That flame is killer, love it!! Would be cool if you chrome plaited it, just because lol.:thumb:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.