Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to say that WWOR chose not to join the Association at this time. That does not mean that we won't join at a later time. We may not be a part of a greater organization yet, but as a local club we do a great job of promoting our sport. We host clean ups that are open to the public in OHV areas, we have recently signed up for the Adopt a Highway progam, and we hold event like the TTC that promote and inform the local community about our sport. We are building contacts with the local BLM and State Congress representatives to hopefully gain support for our actions in the future. I don't think anyone can say that the WWOR is less of a club for not officially participating at this time.

There was not one particular reason that the decision was made, it was based on many concerns. I will not go into listing and debating the reasons here, nor will I single out any particular member. If anyone has questions or concerns about WWOR's involvement in the Association, please feel free to bring them up at a future meeting, where it can be discussed in a positive manner. Debating the issues on our forum does not do any issue justice.

We all know that we need to be a part of something greater in order to gain strength in numbers. I think it has been assumed that the WWOR is against the Association because we as a club didn't join. Nothing could be further from the truth. We still do support the mission statement of the Idaho Association. And yes, I have contacted Bill Taylor to let him know our clubs stance, and that in the future we would like to invite represenatives from Assocaion to one of our meetings. That way, the club members themselves can get answers to their questions and concerns first hand.

I would like to say that any post on this thread that bash the Association or the WWOR will be deleted. If your comments are not in a clear, civil, and constructive manner, please do not post up. We are not looking to incite riot, only to promote our sport in a positive way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Very well put Chris. KUDOS :thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Chris, I know where your heart lies and I know that your passion is right. Truthfully, we need you guys in the association. I know that your whole club would be an asset to the association. I am upset that your club has not jumped on the bandwagon to help and form the fledgling association, but I know that eventually you will all see the need and purpose and join the ranks together. Kudos for your frankness and humility. I really want you guys to come out and be a strong voice with us.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nate and Lehi. I appreciate your comments, and especially that they are civil.

Since I have become president of our club, I am dedicated in stepping up our involvement in communtity events, and land use issues. We will not lay down and take the closing of lands. We will accept assistance in the causes from anyone that would like to help, whether it be the Association, Blue Ribbon Coalition, ATV associations, non members, etc.

I have had a few good points brought up to me though about organizations. It seems to me that we need to work towards someday aligning ourselves (I mean everybody, not just the WWOR) as one. The Sierra club is one national organization with many chapters that gets things done (much to my dismay). And yet we as off roaders have so many different local, state, national organizations trying to get things done. With having so many organizations, and not being united across the country as one, it would seem like we are shooting ourselves in the foot. I think instead of bashing eachother, we need to figure out a way to effectively communicate through all the organizatons that we presently have. I don't have the answers (even though sometimes I think I do :thumb: ) of how to do it, just some ideas of things we should work towards.

Thanks again for the responses. Good, bad, or indifferent, please keep them civil.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'll try to bring some literature on the various national organizations and what they are doing to the next meeting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts