Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what each wire does that goes into the insturment cluster does. Anyone have a diagram of it that has info on what each wire operates.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The best help I ever found was an actual shop manual for the correct year of vehicle at the local public library. A few minutes to look it up, a few dimes in the copier and you'll be good to go.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. the big manuals will usually have an instrument cluster pinout diagram
Yes I know I was hoping someone had it for me. When I ordered my wiring harness I asked the guy what I needed. He said that a chiltons or haynes would be fine. Well they aren't

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good libraries usually have the factory service manuals like you find in a garage. I have used them a lot for schematics. Good also if you want to get an illistrated parts breakdown for components, very helpful working on basket case rigs, trannies, xfers, etc.........

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah the libary had some stuff I needed but only one book as old as 73 it had a good wiring diagram in it but I still have at least 3 unidentified wires going into the cluster two black (I am guessing these are grounds) and one black with a white stripe, hoping this is the ammeter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts