Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my winter project finally finished up. Mostly show and a little bit of go items.

-Speed liner inside/outside.... thanks to Todd Young at Top Line Truck
-Orange Peel...... Macco special.
-New front ford tow hooks.
-New receiver hitch in the back.
-New rear roll bar since I am running the soft top now.
-High lift jack mount in the bed.
-New grill and head light bezels.

And a whole lot of time taking everything apart and then cleaning it backup and putting back together.

Also note to self don't run your knuckles across cured Speedliner. The skin loses :eek:

Now for the pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Envious.
Trigger fantasizes about looking that good.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very nice. I 2 am envious. The thought of putting a soft top on my '95 X-cab pickup makes me...happy. I think that's the medical term for it. I get a "happy." My truck, considering the sound of my sawzall at it's roof and pillars, becomes unhappy. Oh well. Can't please everyone.

The gray-colored paint...that's Speedliner? From the knuckles comment, I suspect you went with something textured. Have you had to wash it at all yet? Does the texturing hang on to the mud?

-Mikey-

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The gray-colored paint...that's Speedliner? From the knuckles comment, I suspect you went with something textured. Have you had to wash it at all yet? Does the texturing hang on to the mud?

-Mikey-

Yeah the speedliner has some texture to it. The pictures was from yesterday right after I pulled it out of the garage and havn't had a chance to wheel it yet to test the mud sticking. I suspect a little bit of mud to stick. I think a pressure washer will take the mud right off of it, or a hose and brush.

I really like how the tow hooks came out also. I was a little nervous trying to measure out the holes in the bumper.

Thanks

-Jeff

·
Registered
397 Posts
that thing is Tight.... what kinda $$$'s did you put into all of it???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This winter project stuff wasn't too bad for $$

I just totaled it up to be about $2300

- Ebay ford tow hooks $33
- Receiver hitch from junk yard $50
- Rear roll bar from Craigs list $50
- Grille, Headlight Bezels, Tail lights, window molding kit from LMC $433
- Maaco Paint $300
- Speedliner from the foot pedals to the tailgate and the outside body line
down came out to $1239
- Fender flares $200

Alot of the labor was from me, I stripped the parts and sanded it before taking it to paint and speedliner.

Here is a pic of when I bought it in 2002 for $800 :shocked:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts