1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Depending upon how you look at it, it could actually be a good thing. If they have to start all over there might be a better proposal. It is really sad to think about how much power the folks in DC have over our public lands. I think they should all be required to take field trips to each place they want to make changes on or they won't be allowed to vote on it. Folks in their little cubicles in DC don't have a clue about what wilderness really is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Depending upon how you look at it, it could actually be a good thing. If they have to start all over there might be a better proposal. It is really sad to think about how much power the folks in DC have over our public lands. I think they should all be required to take field trips to each place they want to make changes on or they won't be allowed to vote on it. Folks in their little cubicles in DC don't have a clue about what wilderness really is.
You really think they will settle for more land usage over blocking usage now that the Demos are in Control ? You did read what Katie Fite said didn't you ? They had almost a half a million dollars to work with last year.
http://www.westernwatersheds.org/wwpinfo/aboutwwp.html
I really don't think they would give (what she refers to as special interest groups) more of the pot. Why would they ? Remember if they rewrite it, the conservationist will lobby the crap out of them with alot more money then we have. Especially now the Dems are in office. They are feeling really cocky now thinking the Whole Nation is on their side.
Which from a Democrat I think is a bunch of crap. There are alot of us who do not agree with the land grabs at all.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yep, I read it. Remember I reported on them to the Owyhee 4x4 Coalition a few months ago. Western Watersheds is an anti cattle grazing organization. Their concern is not so much the recreationalist. We are minor under their radar. I think the important thing here is that the environmental groups are not united. That is a good thing. I think recreationalists need to be careful who they pick their alliances with. The ranchers do not put recreation as a priority. As long as they get what they want they could care less about recreation. I've been on both sides before. I lived on a cattle ranch for a good portion of my life. I know how they operate and what their concerns are. A lot of times ranchers are anti recreationalists and turn on them if given the chance to get what they want without having to deal with recreationalists. Who knows what will happen? It is all up in the air right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts