1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yep, we have been having trouble getting the willys into second when its under a big load. So we usually end up covering half the track on the rev limiter. :rolleyes: We are going to recheck the rig on the shift cable before the next race. Hope that is all it is, we went thru the shifter after the first race this season.

Thanks, its been quite the build on the Willys. Hoping to not repeat the same mistakes on the CJ!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
We need to get more people to step up to pro truck class. Rich has purchased a 200 hp shot for the 58 Ford and is going to start running also.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Running the Edelbrock RPM, the plugs were a little wet. Running 82 in frount and 79 in back. I started out with 950lb of nitrous so next time I think I will leave the jets and run 1000 to 1050lb and I won't have as much flame out the headers. Order the retard box today and will have the trans brake in for the 21. If I remember to turn every thing on it might run.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like we had better be on our game on the 21st!!

Looking forward to racing again.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Running the Edelbrock RPM, the plugs were a little wet. Running 82 in frount and 79 in back. I started out with 950lb of nitrous so next time I think I will leave the jets and run 1000 to 1050lb and I won't have as much flame out the headers. Order the retard box today and will have the trans brake in for the 21. If I remember to turn every thing on it might run.
What did you buy as far as a retard box goes?
The only edelbrock kits I have messed with are old ones but I know all the Nitrouse express ones I have tuned on realy seem to like the pressure, seems like they like to be right in the 1000 to 1050 range that you are wanting to try.

Hey on a side note what are you guys up around the boise area paying for your nitrouse refills.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nitrous has been about $4.10/lb. At Schucks on Overland.
I've not found too many places that can fill a bottle up here.
How much in your area?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Damn thats pretty good. I've been charging 4.50 here the last few years and just the last month or so I have been trying to raise it to 5 bucks. Chucks must be getting a better deal on theres then I am. At 4.10 I'm not even sure I could brake even.
As far as other places go from what I understand I'm the only guy around that has a real refill station, there are a few in twin that do it by syfining (SP) but it takes them along time to get it filled and are never very consistant. I also think these guys are charging a set amount to fill it no matter what is left in it when you bring it in. I only charge for what I actaully put in.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i would look for those little ricer honda shops and ask. those guys are usually into that fast and the furious $hit and have some contacts.

·
Registered
875 Posts
carefull though those guys don't use nitrouse. Rice burners use "NOSS" and I have heard that stuff can make your car explode if your not carefull.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts