Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the project I dove into with one of my best friends...IE landlord/Roommate. Specs are as follows
1999 Chevy Crewcab Shortbed 2500
3/4 ton IFS (Inferior Front Suspension)
454 Vortec
4L80E
3.73 gears
3" Body Lift
6" Suspension Lift-Tuff Country
ORD shackle reversal
37x12.50x17 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains 17x9 Commercial Tire specials!!! :thumb:

Before Lift

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now it has the Dana 60 in it. Sky Manufacturing Crossover steering. Pro-comp front 73-87 chevy leaves. Custom hangers and everything designed by Steve himself. Ronnie has the ORU kit on his truck and personally i think i like steve's better because it utilizes a crossbrace which makes it more rigid. It also looks hella beefier!!!!! The Rancho 9000's are on the way they should be here monday with the new shock hoops going in. All shops said that we would not be able to get the truck completed in less than 5 days...well we got it done in 19 hours total...thats starting friday @ 6:30 and having it done Saturday night minus the new calipers we had to go get. Booyah!!!!! :finger: :finger: Nothing was prebuilt prior to installation. We still found time to go and screw off with the forklift.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Nice Kaleb :thumb:
Where were you when I was doing my truck??
Labor day weekend Hmmm
Saturday went to work at 1830 off at 0630
Sunday went to work at 1830 off at 0630
Monday went to work at 1830 off at 0630
Highlight of the weekend was Vince Vaugn came and did a screening of Wedding Crashers at the Morale Tent.. whistle

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well Lehi you were (cough) in Mt. Home (cough) too lazy to drive (cough) that far. :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's cool!! :thumb: definatly time well spent :mrgreen:

I just built a bumper on sat. for a customer from Utah, and took the rest of the weekend off :beer:

·
Registered
155 Posts
now that you are done with that you guys can work on my truck, i have about $3000. bucks in parts to put on it plus a new cab.

And thanks to Steve, custom and rocky on getting the cab to my house, and to Clint's family,Scott for letting me have it to repair my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know Jeremy....you might just be able to talk us into....i don't know. you tell me what kind of time frame you got or a weekend that we could start it atleast

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Hey get in line Jeremy. I still have my Ox locker, Detroit, disc brake conversion, and hydralic steering to do when I get home. So that gives me one week to get it done before Weiser :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh just run with the setup you have you don't need to impress anyone with that turd of yours....thie big bad mormon wagon.....lol :rotfl: Everyone is impressed you haven't rolled it yet :finger:

·
Registered
167 Posts
hm m nice job :thumb: I finished the cage on my sami and got the motor and trans back in

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well I am delayed getting back so your right SH*T is getting done.
I'm impressed I haven't rolled it yet. :finger:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well lehi you are a very cauttious driver so i have complete faith and trust in you with my life...... :thumb: Is that too much? btw when you coming back? need to get together before i have to go back to work..... :beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts