Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm getting ready to build my axles. I need to figure out what I want to do about lockers though. But first a little info on what I'm going to be doing. For the front I'm going to take a d44 from a chevy and cut the long side to fit a wagoneer long shaft. I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do in the rear, but right now I plan on using a stock width wagoneer rear axle and either running it a little narrower than the front or buying some bolt on wheel spacers.

I'm really unsure on what I want to do at this point so I'm just looking for some advice and a little input on what experiences you have had with different combinations. Right now I have a mini-spool in the rear and a lock right up front. It works great off road except it turns much wider now than before it was locked. I'm really wanting to upgrade to a full carrier when I do my new axles, not a drop in.

So, what would you recommend I do for the diffs. Selectable front and rear, selectable front/detroit rear, selectable front/spool or welded rear, detroit front and rear . . .

Also what brand selectable do you recommend. Right now I'm leaning toward the Eaton electric front and detroit rear.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Spool in the back and selectable in the front, like an ARB.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Dont you trailer??? weld the rear

Do you have a 2lo selection for your tcase? weld the front

I know that you may not want to do some thing like this, but it is proven. You could spend the money on a fancy locker, so I would run detroits (like I do) if you have decided on lockers. Selectable lockers are too finicky for my liking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts