Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I hope I don't get jumped on for this post, but I need to do some solo wheelin, and I have no idea where any decent trails are.

I have a jeep that sees way to much road time. Its a pretty mild build 33's, winch, lock-rite in front axle, and a few other items. My problem is I have an insane schedule. I work 12hr night shifts from Wed/Thur night through Sunday morning. This means that if I were to join club I would end up missing every run anyways, being as they are mostly on Saturdays.

Then for even more fun I am a part time BSU student. This semester I have classes Mon, Tue, and every other Wed. Heck, I have classes twice on Monday.

What I am trying to say is my schedule makes it nearly impossible to get together with many other people for wheelin.

Basically I am asking for some advice with some pretty specific directions on where I can go to legally wheel. I am a "pack it in pack it out" kind of guy, I won't be throwing soda cans or chip bags out on any trail. I am a fairly conservative driver when I know I have to rely on myself to get un-stuck. I am looking for some places to play around the Boise area that I can drive to, wheel, and be back in time for an early afternoon class on an occasional Monday or Tuesday.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Great to have some more interest in off roading, and welcome to the site. I just wanted to extend the invitation for you to come and join the Wild West Off Roaders for a club run some time. We normally wheel on Sundays, because a majority of our members work on Saturdays. Hope this works out for ya! If not, hit up the Forest Service and BLM to buy some of their maps, they show a lot of off highway trails. And they can tell you what you can and can't wheel. :thumb: :thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the invite, but I'm one of those holy roller types who try's to go to church on Sunday's. Nothing like trying to stay awake for several hours in church after just working a 12 hr shift :?
I've not had much luck with the forest service maps, the darn things are so out of date. Every time I head to a jeep trail shown on the map I find a stupid sign banning anything larger than a four-wheeler :banghead:
I'll give them another shot anyways...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the invite, but I'm one of those holy roller types who try's to go to church on Sunday's. Nothing like trying to stay awake for several hours in church after just working a 12 hr shift :?
I've not had much luck with the forest service maps, the darn things are so out of date. Every time I head to a jeep trail shown on the map I find a stupid sign banning anything larger than a four-wheeler :banghead:
I'll give them another shot anyways...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
not to hijack your post, but you got any pics of your jeep wagons?
(NOT gonna ask to see pics of your willy's on THIS site...these guys are pervs! :finger: )

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have some pics of the wagons but I am too dumb to figure out how to re-size my digital camera pics. :banghead: The lowest res on my camera gives me a file of about 300k and 150 is the max for this forum. Once I figure that out I will spam this group with all sorts of pics of my willy's whistle

·
Registered
401 Posts
open the picture in the editor, go to image on the tool bar, choose resize and just make it small enough to fit. it works for me. :thumb:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Something like this maybe???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
NICE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts