Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my roomates and I want to take a wheeling/camping/hiking trip over summer break but don't know where to go. We'll consider anything within 400 miles. So where would you go? I know of plenty of places with great hiking and camping but I'm not sure about the wheeling. Was there good hiking/mountain climbing around Ennis MT? Those pics looked sweet! Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moab is an option. I'm not sure if my truck is up for it just yet though. :idea: We were thinking somewhere with trees and lower temperatures. I hate hiking in 95+ degree weather with no shade! Plus we're looking for some decent sized mountains to climb.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only reason I'm hesitant to goto Moab over spring break is that I'll be the only one with a truck to wheel. If there was someone else willing to go, I'd do it... hint hint... :thumb:. I can just see myself breaking down and not having anyone to help out. I know a girl up here with a jeep who goes wheeling with her family in moab a couple times a year. I'll call her and see if she'd be up for going. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
why not go to Ennis? there is great hiking and biking areas there, as well as over by Challis-Salmon.. there you are in the mountains and its cooler, and you'll never run out of areas to explore.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
why not go to Ennis? there is great hiking and biking areas there, as well as over by Challis-Salmon.. there you are in the mountains and its cooler, and you'll never run out of areas to explore.
x2, but Moab would rule!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
When is summer break?? Isn't school starting back up?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Summer break starts today! Ok, how's this sound, leave friday night, camp at ennis. Wheel all day saturday. Then drive to glacier and spend the rest of break there? So who's up for going to ennis this weekend? :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts