Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 chevy k2500 5.7. Its a good old work truck I was wanting to get some locking hubs for it. Reason Well one I have a low noise it the front and two GAS is high in the thing and If that front end wasnt have to turn all the time I think It would help a bit.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Okay, just so we can make sure we're all on the same page. Is this truck IFS or solid axle? Are you trying to put selectable hubs in place of auto hubs on a solid axle or are you trying to get rid of the unit bearing hub device the IFS trucks use and replace it with a selectable hub?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thats all a bit over my head. But I can give you this info. The 4X4 always turns. Theres no auto lockers When the front wheels are rolling everthing is rolling. Only when I engage the transfercase Does the engine roll the front wheels. Does this help or do you need more info? And yes is IFS

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's what I needed to know. I have yet to see a kit that allows you to put selectable hubs on an IFS truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well :drool: . Well maybe some one can help with the sounds then. When I back up and sometimes when I am driveing I hear a grinding sound like the 4x4 is trying to go in gear. I can put it in 4x4 then back out and it stops for a while. I dont think the gear shifter is moveing. Is this a comon problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts