Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

When do you want to go to Moab?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets do the run to Moab again! Now I have heard people want to do it on Labor day again but most of the people that I have talked to want to do it later in the year like first or second weekend of October so its not so hot.

I was holding back as I didnt want to conflict with the Idaho State 4x4 Associations run because I plan on being involved with that. But since that event will be in June, lets get a date going for this. :thumb:

I have some dates in the poll, post up if you have some other ideas. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
wtf?
I clicked labor day weekend, and it made it for the weekend of the 30th?!?!

lmao... is this your way of getting all of us to vote for that weekend matt?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I voted wrong. I would love to go just not during big game seasons 10-31 oct.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
First week in October:goodjob:

·
Registered
695 Posts
My vote is for the weekend that TTORA is going to be there, cause that is the weekend that I am going to be there and hopefully you all will be down there too. That will be either the first or second weekend of Oct.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The further from big game hunting season the better for me.:)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
It would work better for me. I would like other's imput, but I have an easier time getting away a little at a time, so Sept. is better here. :)

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
labor day weekend is good for me!!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm new to off-roading and just recently joined Wild West Off-Roaders. I was wondering, is MOAB something that a stock truck can participate in? I don't know much about MOAB except I seem to hear about it a lot. It sounds like fun, but I wouldn't want to go if my truck can't make it through. Right now all I've done is replace the shocks with Rancho RSXs and got some BFG ATs. By the way, I voted for Labor Day weekend also.

Thanks,

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
bring it!!

anyone can have a blast in moab!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ron_Egress said:
I'm new to off-roading and just recently joined Wild West Off-Roaders. I was wondering, is MOAB something that a stock truck can participate in? I don't know much about MOAB except I seem to hear about it a lot. It sounds like fun, but I wouldn't want to go if my truck can't make it through. Right now all I've done is replace the shocks with Rancho RSXs and got some BFG ATs. By the way, I voted for Labor Day weekend also.

Thanks,
Ron you could do a lot of trails in Moab with a few modifications. Sliders and bumpers and you'd be set for Fins and Things, Poison Spider, Kane Creek? it all depends on errosion, etc... It is beautiful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Labor Day is perfect for me. Make It happen! That at least gives me some time to get my zuk done. I may even have a 4.3L in by then. Who knows.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Whoops. Labor Day is out for me. This is the same weekend as my anniversary. On our Last anniversary, we were up Kane Creek with my wife back at camp.

Not good, because I forgot all about it.

She's putting her foot down on this one and I cant really blame her.

Sorry everybody, but we will have to pick a different weekend if we still want to do a planet 4x4 run.

Let me know what you think. Might have to start a new thread or something.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts