Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are huge fans of wheeling with seat belts!

Recently looking through some photo albums here on planet, I have seen a few pics that people post up where you can clearly see them not wearing a seat belt......

I dont like seeing people get hurt, but we also dont want people seeing us unresponsible......

Any thoughts on this?

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts

Well it is one of our club rules, we don't want to see anyone get hurt either. It is when you least expect it. I hate to get on someones case about it. It ranks up there with the alcohol rule that we have too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most deaths in offroad rollovers come from the ejected passenger, while the seat belted person has no injuries. That is enough for me to use my belts. Wheelin is about fun...... its never fun after somebody gets hurt badly!! Buckle up and get it on! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well while were bitching, whats worse? Not wearing your seatbelt, or wearing your seatbelt while getting drunk on the trail?

whistle

(fire) poke poke stir stir

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I usually just wear a lap belt as the shoulder harness holds me in place too much. I am rethinking that as I managed to bruise my trachea on the last wheeling trip by putting my neck into the steering wheel. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
It is also one of our club rules, along with not drinking or boose allowed on the trail. And just in my defense since I am sure that you saw pics of me wheeling and no shoulder belt, correct I only use the lap belt when I wheel so I can see out my window.....

·
Registered
397 Posts
firm beliver in belts, and with the touchey steering on this k5 i would be nuts not to were it. . . Danielle puts hers on even if i am just showing her the New Stero i put in.... i think i have scared her one to many times. . .

·
Registered
781 Posts
I agree that sealt belts should always be used!!!!! and I also agree that drinking on the trail is every bit as dangerous as not wearing a seat belt........often times that endangers more people than anyone realizes untill it's too late :deal:
None of the clubs I am affiliated with allow drinking on the trail......this is my choice through past experiences with clubs that do allow drinking doah

·
Registered
268 Posts
I always wear my lap belt and use the full harness if I get into some wild stuff.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree with everything that's been said. We should always wear our seatbelts & the trail is no place for a drink.

I am as guilty as anyone. I was once caught without my seatbelt.... [shamefully posted below]

However the comment "we also dont want people seeing us unresponsible" makes me think.... Hmmm, as long as nobody takes my picture while I'm drinking this alcohol on the trail, it's okay???? Of course not.

Thanks for the safety reminder, though....

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" John 8:7 [soap box off]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mike how about the town wheeling in the Strom after drinking? Our drinking on the trail comes from spending the night when we wheel. So don't try your bullshit here. I'm sure all the nights you guys are trespassing to go mudding, that you've never drank any beer. :finger:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
pepdaddy said:
Mike how about the town wheeling in the Strom after drinking? Our drinking on the trail comes from spending the night when we wheel. So don't try your bullshit here. I'm sure all the nights you guys are trespassing to go mudding, that you've never drank any beer. :finger:
Yo taxi :deal:

:finger:

How bout new years dickhead :finger:

I think this thread is going down hill fast.

Blacks creek is BLM I dont care where you guys get your false facts :finger:[

1 - 14 of 16 Posts