Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time finding ford 8 lug outers to swap out for my 5 lug stuff, especially at a reasonable price. I've been looking around and found another option. http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?source=&ID=98089&returnURL=/product_list.asp?id=1378
5 lug to 8 lug wheel adaptors, and a lot cheaper than i've been finding 8 lug stuff for. Has anybody used these and if so what are your opinions on them? They look decent and appear to only space the wheel out about an inch or so.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
So your going to run a 14bolt and an 8 lug D44???

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the plan.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
you can run 5 lug dana 44 and a 8 lug rear. I did it for a few years

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I can do that, but I don't want to. I'd rather have the same bolt pattern all around

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you gonna give me the money to swing the 60?

I'm sticking with the 44 for the moment, I just got the cro-moly shafts for it and I think as long as I don't go over 38's i'll be okay. You did fine with yours for a while like that as I recall. Going to a 60 front will be a project for next year probably.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
you can grind your lug studs off your 44 and I can just weld your 8 lug wheels to the hubs for ya. We could even tack some lug nuts on there so no one would notice. Hows that sound?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like you've had one too many :beer:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
im out of fresh ideas then.

lets see a updated pic of your beater errrrrrrrrrrrr i mean beast

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lots of work left to do

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think you are safe with the adaptors. They look similar to the popular wheel spacers people have used for years.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They look decent and appear to only space the wheel out about an inch or so.
Actually if you read the whole thing you will see that it specifies them to be 2" wide.

I'd run them, they look to be as safe as the rest of your pile...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually if you read the whole thing you will see that it specifies them to be 2" wide.

I'd run them, they look to be as safe as the rest of your pile...:rolleyes:
So I take it you won't be asking for a ride when i'm finished with it?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I am not a fan of wheel spacers on the front. The front has all of the movement and I can see them working loose fairly often. HOWEVER. I dont mind wheel spacers for adapting, I have a set on the rear of the jeep for the last 5+ years and have absolutely no complaints. I run a 5on4.5 to 5on5.5 adapter on my ford 8.8

Keep looking for 8 lug outers dave. Sounds like you really scored on that rear end.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm really in no hurry to get the adaptors, or the 8 lug conversion parts right now, but I figure if I start looking now maybe when i'm ready a deal will appear. The idea of spacers on the front is kind of appealing though for a couple reasons

I keep the easy to find and get cheap parts for 5 lug assemblies

I space the wheels Two inches further out on each side which pulles the tires further from the radius arms and improves my steering angle a little.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts