Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer is real close!

I'm redoing the radiator mounts and a few odds and ends. I also have a very bent tie rod that I've got to fix. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol... you don't have enough bandwidth for my list of shit still to do... :deal: :deal: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
45 Posts
My current mini-project is re-doing my t-case shifter to clear the ZF. I already had to make a new tranny mount for the thing.
The shifter shouldn't be a big deal, as long as it still clears the floor when I'm done. doah
Here's a pic. It's in 2hi. Can't get neutral or 4lo right now.
I read somewhere that the 435+adapter and the ZF are the same length. Not quite. The extra 3/4" length on the ZF sure can throw alot of stuff off. :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
wetnsloppy4x said:
I read somewhere that the 435+adapter and the ZF are the same length. Not quite. The extra 3/4" length on the ZF sure can throw alot of stuff off. :roll:
So I take it you have a 435 laying around somewhere.

What I'm working on is putting propane on my Jeep. Probably won't get it done until sometime after september though :oops:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
right now i'm doing a whole lot of reloading. Late in march however my bronco gets a new motor :banghead:

·
Registered
306 Posts
More than usual :mrgreen:

FEBRUARY

Bucket Seats = Done
Battery in Cab = Done
Body Lift = Done
Steering Shaft = Done
Remove Bed = Done

MARCH

Clock T/C
New Front Shaft
CV in Rear Shaft
SS Rear Brake Line
Rock Sliders

WISH LIST

New Steering
Rear Springs
Complete Exhaust
H/D Tie Rod
38" Tires

Attachments

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Complete build of the '79 blazer
83 front clip narrowed
boat side
cage
rear tapered bed sides
lots of other stuff but that is the highlights

GIT R DUN

·
Registered
695 Posts
Putting in a new Rack for the :gay: Rack and Pinion steering that is coupled to my :gay: IFS..... But, I guess the way things are looking, I can say that I am IFS-CORE!!!!! :thumb:

Then we will see what else needs to be fixed or replaced, hopefully nothing for at least a little while!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
What am I working on, same damn thing I have been working on for over a year now getting my big blazer finished. Real paint this summer. Putting some patches in on my yellow blazer this summer and lifting it. AFTER I am done with the big one. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
530 Posts
[/b]
Dropping the truck off in 2 weeks to start knocking out the 3 link with my Fox coilovers up front as well as 4 link the rear with coils and a set of Poly performances BBC shocks out back and yanking current cage,and bumpers,for new junk :finger: and with that it starts to roll down hill once I get it back :finger:

Ditching the stock 31 gal tank for a 22 gal fuel cell
Cutting off the half hard top,half dooring,peeling the doo dee outta the front and rear fedners,as well as dovetail'n and narrowing
Full hydro
moving up in tires sizes
And since there will be a ton of cutting and such,guy from work is gonna respray it for me,hey its got to look nice at least opnce after 'er revamp :finger:

And I still have these parts sitting round needing installed
PRP high back Comp buckets an 5 points
4340 chromoly 35 spline inner and outter shafts
cryo'd Spicer ujoints and Warn hubs

sure there is a few minor things here and there i lef tout,but thats the jest of it.shooting for 2 month mark,but working 7 days a week might be hindering that :?

·
Registered
70 Posts
CO2 system is almost done (waiting for regulator), high-back seats done, 1 ton brake booster and master cylinder done, still need to do the tie rod (it'll still align, barely), and steering box ($$), pump, and rag joint. Maybe a 460 swap if I find a free one laying around :banghead:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well lets see -- 89 YJ --- Suspension is done need to wire, bodywork,wheels,cage, oh about 3 months work and I would like to have it done by march 18th for Moab :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
183 Posts
looking for something to build besides that nothing

p.s. i have resorted to building models :banghead:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Holy...! How long do you figure it takes to hand polish that, mudjunkie?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hevymetl said:
Holy...! How long do you figure it takes to hand polish that, mudjunkie?
usually just wash the Mud off and towel dry it. Snap on Tools sells the best Aluminum polish I've ever used. Just do enough to keep it from getting real dull.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Except right now it's missing both front tires, the axles are out and getting machined slightly shorter with another circlip groove in them so I can install manual hubs..

And waiting on a steering arm and machined knuckle from OTT, which shipped either friday or today. This weekend will be steering and shock mounts, early next week should be drivelines.

Then a couple of small brakeline parts, some rear bumper work, a front swaybar, and that's about it.

WILL be done before Moab EJS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts