Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recomend i was thinking about getting a set of 37x13.5x15 iroks but i was wondering if anyone has used these and how good are they in the mud and trail and also on the road becuase the blazer iw ill be getting will also be my dd thanks for any info :thumb: :thumb: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Iroks

I DD my 39.5 w/o much ware the bias sucks in the morning but a few blocks and the flat spot is gone... I ran in Twin in Feb on the lava, GREAT traction, snow and ice were no sweat ant they clean out great in sticky stuff. I would recomend them to anyone.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
They will be my next set. I also hear that they can wear fast on a DD.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
I agree, I have witnessed these tires in action and they do stick to everythig very well. I would really love to run a set of the 33x13.50's on my truck, but they only make them in a 17",18", or 20" wheel diameter and I really can't afford to buy a really strong set of 17's right now. After having Weld Racing wheels, I will only run Welds or Alcoa's or cheap steelies and they don't make any cheap steelies in 17's to fit my truck....(that I have found)

Although I thought, rockcrawling was for pussies.... PUSSY!!!!!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i can't really say from experience, but I do have 38 TSL Radials on mine, and they are over 3 years old, have like 6-8000 miles on them and measure 1/16" less tread than brand new ones... I hear that they are kick ass in ANY offroad type, so they have my vote...

·
Registered
695 Posts
whitetrashmafia4x4 said:
i was going to use them on the truck to run mud and run trails no rock for me man :finger: :finger: :finger:
Well that's good, we wouldnt want a newbie out learning how to drive cluttering up the trails. And pre-runners, wouldn't you like to be able to keep up. Its o.k. that is a commen response from those that are slow and have no driving skills again.... Boy, how do you exist, seems every off-road event out there takes at least some sort of skill other than mud running, Hell even in NASCAR they at least have to turn left. :deal: :deal: :finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
whitetrashmafia4x4 said:
are those a new line of tire and how much do they run :thumb: :thumb:
What makes them better? Have you ran a set? They are a cool looking tire. I have seen one article in the extreme off road mag that said they are a sweet tire but not much else. Info please.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have to show my interest in the pitbull tires too
I am going to get the pitbull rockers

the sidewall is thicker than my SX's (which I have put up for sale), and the tread is large and deep

I like the rib that rounds the outer most exposed section of the sidewall, and the lugs on the sidewall are well designed

I cant say from experience, but I am selling my almost new tsl sx to get them and the tsl sx is a far superior tire to the iroks

·
Registered
155 Posts
tires

if your DD is locked in the rear i would not run irocs, you'll just burn them up on the street. doah super soft compound

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Eric was saying something about how his Irocs were wearing pretty fast just from his trip to moab.. I think I agree on the TSL's... mine have at least5 or 6 thousand miles on them and they are wore less than 1/16th of an inch from new ones..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mr.TRD said:
gripguru said:
and the tsl sx is a far superior tire to the iroks
I don't know if I would go that far......
I would any day of the week!!!!!

The new Rocker tires are a new lighter stronger rubber compound. The tires feel totally different than any other tire out there. They are 15lbs lighter than the same size SX. The tread is supposed to wear 20% longer than the competitors tire.

Pit Bull gave a set of these to the EEROC comp guys at the finals last year....The guy had never won an event, and he took first place at the finals :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
There are as many different opionins out there about tires as anything. Find a tire you like the looks of see if it will meet your needs then go with it. I love my IROKS little rough on the street but so is my blazer. I am going to get a different set of tires when I wear these out though because I like to look of wider tires It may hurt my performance it may not. Just make sure you get tires you like. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'VE GOT A SET OF TEN PLY 37X12.5X16 SWAMPER SSR'S ON THE EXCURSION WITH OVER 40.000 ON THEM. I'M AT ABOUT 45% TREAD LEFT
PAID THROUGH THE NOSE FOR TEN PLIES, BUT THEY'VE LASTED :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts