Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought a 1991 blazer it has a 6(sup) and 3 (body)lift i belive it is all stock. with a 350 motor trany i dont know what it is. it has 1-2-D and over drive. (i dont know what tranny it is) so 1st thing i did was put in all msd wire and cap and rotor k&n filter. long tube headers with a hollow cat(hee heee) i just orders 4 new 38x 15x15 super boogers. i also wanted to get lockers (air)frt and back but i was flipping throw and i guess if i do that i well snap something..:darn: :darn: :darn: :darn: o and just got longer break lines

what should i do? :darn: :darn: :darn:
i'm not wanting to be mr rock crawler just like going throw the mud and hill and trails but if a bolder comes by i want to be able to try to go over it befor i go around it.:darn: :darn: :darn:

Also i heard alot of talk of a "dana axels"
what that ?
what car/trcuk did that come off of :darn: :darn: :darn: :darn:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Your Transmission is a 700R4. As with the lockers and such son't get them just yet. You need to wheel it like it is and then see if you need them. On the axles don't worry about doing a 1 ton swap. Which would be putting a Corporate 14bolt and a Dana 60 front. Like I said stick with the 35s and then after wheeling a while you will see what you need to upgrade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did already get the 38x15x15

as for the lockers= i want to get asap but was told to if i am going to up grade to axles to dana 60 (i have stock right now) I should just hold off.

so lehi what your saying is i dont need them even if i have the big ti

the axel upgrade whhat car would you find it on
:drive:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Unless you can afford it you can run your stock 10 bolt front for now. I wouldn't lock it. convert it to 8 lugs (very easy to do ) and put a corprate 14 b Full floater in the rear. The 14b rear is about 10,000% stronger than the 10 bolt rear. I ran 38" swamper radials for a couple of years with this setup. It works well. You also should have a np241 t-case, so you are good as far as the drivetrain stuff goes. Another thing to thing about you probably have at best 3.73 gears a swap to 3/4 ton axles will net you 4.10s usually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you can afford it you can run your stock 10 bolt front for now. I wouldn't lock it. convert it to 8 lugs (very easy to do ) and put a corprate 14 b Full floater in the rear. The 14b rear is about 10,000% stronger than the 10 bolt rear. I ran 38" swamper radials for a couple of years with this setup. It works well. You also should have a np241 t-case, so you are good as far as the drivetrain stuff goes. Another thing to thing about you probably have at best 3.73 gears a swap to 3/4 ton axles will net you 4.10s usually.

thanks i will look into it for the new axel and gears

1 - 6 of 6 Posts