Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy wants the Dodge 4.10 Dana 60 axle assembly thats sitting under my trailer.
Is there a straight axle front with 8 lugs that might be a bolt up replacement?

What's this virgin & complete Dana 60 worth anyway?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I have actually read the first post nearly 30 times to determine if I am being an ass and do not get it. I think now that I get it. Just because the axle is under his trailer, does not mean it is bolted to or a part of the trailer. I could still be wrong and then would agree with all comments made by redmist. :flipoff:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well it must be bolted to the trailer if he is wanting to replace it. This thread is making my head hurt.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Maybe it's a wagon style trailer? Since he's asking for an 8 lug front axle to replace it I would guess he's selling a Dana 60 front axle.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
All I got to ask is... If you are rowing Upstream and your saddle falls off, how many Pancakes does it take to shingle your doghouse?

·
Registered
17 Posts
craze around here is to cut the front off of your 2 wd truck,right behind the cab mount bolts and turn the back half into a trailer.just bend the frame ends together and put a tongue on it .they call it a pickup box trailer.must be one of these is all i can think.i could post a pic if anyone still doesnt get it.
scott

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, It is a pickup bed trailer.
Yes, A buddy wants the Dana 60 rear end out of the trailer to put under his rock crawler. Of course I still want my trailer, so the thought of replacing it with a front end from a two wheel drive vehicle came up.
In theory, a 2x front should be cheap, and we just weld it so the wheels don't steer. The buddy claims I would also get less drag with the Diff gone.

The dodge truck I pull it with also has 8 lugs so I want to keep it 8.

Is this Dana 60 rear end worth very much? Seems like a lot of work, and the trailer is working just fine for me so I hate to screw with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts