Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to decide what brand of mig welder to get . What do you guys recommend ? Ive used lincon's and liked them but i have good things about miller's

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've got the Miller 175 and dig it .Also pretty much every shop i've worked at,has only ran Millers,if that means anything
Miller gets my vote :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Miller!:beer:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
The hobart is a close second. Get the 220v you won't be sorry. If you settle for one of the 135A models you will be cussing when you can't weld thicker stuff. I often exceed the limit of my 175A.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've got a 110V 130 Amp MIG and when I can borrow the 220V Miller, there is no comparison.

The 110V is nice for the smaller stuff and I can mess with sheetmetal a little easier but it just doesnt seem to have the heat for the larger stuff.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have a Lincoln Pro Mig 175 and I'm happy with it. Haven't had any issues since I bought it last year. Put 2 12lb spools of wire through it and a bunch of smaller spools just doing home projects.

If you want to stop by sometime and try it out, let me know. I'm working on getting a cord for it right now though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts