Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done this and how long was it before you popped a rear axle? :rotfl: :rotfl: by the way the rear not the front

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one that I'm selling ($50). From a Z71 - I ran it with 36" TSL's for a couple weeks 'fore I tore it apart. I played in sand and climbed steep hills and whatnot (whatever FL had to offer), and it did well, I guess. I sat it up on it's rear-end from time to time, hoping it, and it didn't break.

Now, climbing rocks might be a different story if thats what you're refering to. But for mud, sand, and general playing, you should be fine. Buy mine, and keep yours as a backup! :thumb:

:beer:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think shiiping from Florida would kill me anyway figure out how much it would be to 83401 and let me know :rotfl: :rotfl: The only reason I really want to do this is so my bro in law can go everywhere my other bro in laws can in Moab If I get enough back on my taxes I will just buy a quick lok :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
NO Eric!
NONONONONONONONO!!!!
FINISH the blue blazer BEFORE you tackle even so much as changing a fuse in your yellow one!
or I ain't gonna help yer putzy ass no mo'..... :finger:

whistle whistle

·
Registered
97 Posts
blazinzuk said:
I think shiiping from Florida would kill me anyway figure out how much it would be to 83401 and let me know

You'd be better off getting one up there and throwing welds on the spiders - ain't like they're expensive :finger: ..... But, welded 10b in Moab?? :scared: Scary. It might work if he's got a light foot and doesn't get too crazy with it. (What size truck?)

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
tick tock tick tock tick tock BOOM

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Weld it, Weld it, Yeah, Yeah Weld it. It will last for one trip. :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steves right I do know better probably won't do it but it is kind of a fun little thought it really is just for one trip. As long as it makes it to Moab and back it can scatters its little guts as soon as it pulls into Poky. I am probably going to buy a lockright for it and call it good :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Buddy of mine welded his 10 bolt yep lasted about 1 day of wheeling in mud yep ,,,, then he did a burn out on the street and thats all she wrote... unless you gota spare i dont think its a good idea.. now a 14 bolt is a diffrent idea i have had my 14FF welded for 2 years now with no problems what so ever of corse that axle weighs in at 580lbs LOL

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
dumb luck

what gives!!!?????? :oops: I have ran welded rear chryler 9 1/4's now on 2 ramchargers. one had 36's tsl's and my new one has 39.5 iroks. i never broke once! i have broke open front axles before i broke the rear???? :oops:

I know i am cheap and stupid..........but is it just dumb luck??????????
:deal:

·
Registered
49 Posts
well you answered you own question right there man ,,, a 9 1/4 in ring gear axle is quite a bit more beef than a chevy 8 and somthing inch ring gear,,, and ring gear beef translates to spider gear beef for the most part wich is what you weld ,,,, 10 bolt p.o.s. rear end ,,, personaly i think its the worst rear end chevy ever put under the rear of a fullsize rig the 12 bolt is stronger granted marginaly but marginaly is still stronger... 12 bolt rear should have been under half ton rigs not this 10 bolt stuff

of corse opinions are like buttholes everybody has one and i know mine stinks 2 but it is my opinion and i am sticking to it :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have a 12 bolt in my 79 shortbox half ton.... gonna have Eric weld it up for me in trade for a tranny I was gonna give to him anyhow, lol... If it grenades, I have a couple of spare 10 bolts that are the same ratio anyhow..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts