Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this down in the High Desert link:

"Mud Bog at the Weiser Vendome Event Center, 3 pm. In conjunction with the Weiser chili cook off, and outdoor expo. Sat. am is a show and shine for bog participants. Contact event coordinator Tonya Shelby for more info at 208-414-0452"

I am trying to get more info. Anyone who knows the details please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:oops: Oct. 16th :oops:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Darryl, that was all I got from the fax. Contact the event coordinator-Tonya Shelby at 414-0452. I believe she is with the Weiser Chamber of Commerce. Don

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Don. I sent her an e-mail this morning. I will give her a call if she doesn't post anything new or get back to me.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Got a little more info. Tonya's email is [email protected]
Her # is 414-0452 or 550-1499.
Sat. Oct 16th, starts at 10am, in Weiser just north of Mortimer's Island which is across the street from the vendome. Signs will be posted from the main entrance to town. Bring lawn chairs. No alcohol in pits until after event, strictly enforced. They are also having a tug of war between vehicles at this event. Area is a dirt field of 20 acres.
All participants and pit crew (max of 4) must be 18 years old. Cost to enter is $10 for the bog and $10 for the tug of war. Riders are allowed, must be 18. Tow point and appropriate safety belts, gear is required. There is no mention of different classes, etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a reply from Tonya. She still hasn't gotten any information on classes but said the pit will begin at 2 feet and go down to 4 feet at the end. No word on the length of the pit. Well, for those who like bogs this sounds like it's for you. Lot's of stuck trucks to watch. :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We aren't sure yet. My wife was going to drive this time and isn't sure about getting back in the saddle with a deep pit. If we can run the paddles I might try to talk her into it. Sounds like it might be about as deep as the Baker City pit was, which I was able to stay on top of untill I realized my fuel cell wasn't vented and I ran out of fuel during a run and began to porpoise through it. We're going to talk about it tonight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tonya sent me another email and said there will be four classes:
*street stock
*super stock
*pro stock
*mud modified

We want to run our paddles, so I need to find out if there will be a class for us. If not maybe we can just do exhibition. I'd like to get Phyllis back in the seat before the season is over, and this may be our last chance. I guess we could always run the Boggers.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
However you end up doing it, I'm rooting for you guys! I hope I can swing it to come and watch, but it's doubtful at this point..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so thats what happened at baker when it fell on its face about halfway through the pit. Baker was 4 feet of "water" hopefully this will be 4 feet of "mud" Too bad I cant make it. :evil:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, it sucked a vacume on the fuel cell and ran out of fuel. And once you sink in a deep pit it isn't easy to get out. I made it but I felt silly jumping up and down to do it. If I remember right, Mike, because Baker was mostly water you and a lot of others flooded out your ignition or sucked water in the carb. They should have groomed the pit to mix things up better. The good news is that at least there isn't much mud to clean up later :mrgreen: I wish you could make it too. It would be good racing with you again.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well just wait till my bronk comes out of hiding for the next round. I will be on all "won ton" running gear, 5.13 cogs, 42's locked front and rear.

Should fling some goo :thumb:

And when I save up enough change and have another motor waiting on the engine stand Im gonna through some nitrous on the motor thats in there now just to see what it will do :thumb: (that might be a year or two)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now we're talkin' :thumb: .

Just a reminder: If you run nitrous that puts you in the Pro Mud class with those little jeeps with paddles that I have been chasing.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Darrel, you guys still going to this? As of last Thursday, the "pit" was short, completely dry, and the deep end was about 12-18" deep. Did not sound promising. Would love to come out if you are going to run-even if it only for exhibition. Please post your intentions. Thanks, Don

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. Unless something comes up this week that makes us change our minds. Lots going on right now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry not getting back until now. Life changing events going on at the moment.
We still plan on going. Tonya said they will be there beginning at 7am. They plan on regestering folks until 9:45. Phyllis will be driving and we will be running the Boggers and not the paddles. Tonya said there will be trophies, free gas and no payback. Oh well, if it becomes a regular thing then maybe next year they might be able to afford a payback. It costs us between $5 to $10 a pass in fuel just to run plus the entry fee.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I thought it started at 3:00pm????

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
testing. testing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts