Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reserved a room at Perkins Restaurant right off the freeway at the same exit as the Flying J gas station but on the other side of the freeway. The room is reserved for Tuesday the 25th from 6:30 to 8:30 for 12 people or less. They don't charge for the room but do require that we spend at least $75. Here is a map for those who need one:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glen, will Denell be there? Does she know it's at Perkins?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I spoke with Dennel yesterday evening and told her where it would be and what time. She said she was coming. In fact it was her idea to have it in Caldwell. So hopefully. I dont know if Matt was able to get her onto this forum or not or if she has tried to get on. I gave her all the information.
\

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok Im here,

lets see The insurance comapny is checking on allowing under 18 to compete..
playing hell trying to find straw. The most straw I can find out here was 25 bales... Total. The rain has done did the straw harvest in. next harvest wont be untill after June. I did some measuring and figuring and we will need 250 bales. Keep ears open for anyone that has some up for sale.

Mama D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would still plan on getting the orange barrier fence to run between the spectators and the track even if you can't get all the straw bales. If you can come up with any bales I would first run them between the track and the spectators and then if there are any left over I would worry about the pit side of the track.

Were you able to find out anything about bringing in dirt?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glitch in plans - important

Checking on the dirt, most dirt out here right is all mud. Folks are waiting to see how much topsoil was washed away during the flooding.

Major glitch in plans....
We have to move the date. City Council wants and approves of holding the Mud Bog here, however on the 24th the parade wont be over untill 2pmish. Plus all emergency resources (fire, police, ambulance) are tapped out because they have to be onsite at the Fiddle grounds, the Carnival, and the Bluegrass festival, plus be available for regualr calls. They suggested bumping it either to the week before or the week after, preferably to weekend after (July 1).

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
If we move it to the 1st, will that free up hay bales from the fiddle festival for us to use? Probably be easier to get volunteers moving the mud bog to a different weekend. Does anyone know of any events that we would be competing with on the 1st?

·
Registered
668 Posts
In my opinion moving the date up would be better than moving it back. After the fiddler deal everybody will be pretty burned out. My vote is the first weekend of the contest.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If we move it sooner we are still left with resourses being tied up with the fiddlers contest festivities. ChevyCrew has a good point about the possibility of perhaps the bales being available, gives more time to let things dry out and gives us more time to prepare. It would also give Weiser a time-out to catch their breath before taking on another event. There is a possibility of another race on that weekend, the July 4th weekend usually has something going on someplace (perhaps Baker sand drags?). I will try to find out about Baker.

If there is a race in Baker on the first weekend then to avoid two races on back to back weekends then maybe the third weekend in July would work. If there is no race in Baker then the second weekend in July would be good. Another thought: Isn't Motorfest on the first weekend in July?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think the issue is that all their emergency personell are tied up for the parade. Mama D, what about having the race at the end of the parade on the same day as we discussed before? If not after the parade I think either the saturday before or 2 or 3 weeks after. The first week after you will have a ton of burned out volunteers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Several reasons why moving it to after the fiddle week is good
1) Straw Harvest will be in which means cheaper straw
2) Straw Harvest in which means straw will be availble ( There is NO straw availble - not for fiddlers, or anyone, except for the 25 reserved for downtown decoration)
3) I'll have about a 1,000 more available volunteers (thats how many it takes to run the fiddle contest)
4) Fire, ambulance, and police will be available
5) The City Council said they wouldn't tell us NO for fiddle week, they would just highly appreciate it if we changed the date.

They (City) mentioned several times in same breathe as they mentioned moving the date the fact they'd approve having several bogs during the year. If they knew how to say please... It was a please. LOL

as a side note... On July 22nd We will also be hosting a Biker Rodeo/Bike Show and a cage fight that night. If y'all want to have a bog on the same day.. thats Ok with me. If not then thats ok too.

Mama D

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
As long as we dont clash with other races or events I think july 1st would be a good weekend to do it, other than the fact we wont have chris.

Also does weiser do fireworks for 4th of july? If so what night? I was thinking something like meridian speedway sets off fireworks after the races on the weekend of the 4th. Could we get more of a crowd draw if we combined the 2 events? That is if weiser even does fireworks.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having Chris there is importent. He is one of the core people putting this together and is key in keeping it organized. I would think that trying to run the race, that needs to start early and will go all day long, the same time another event is going on would not work for the same reasons it wouldn't work during the fiddlers contest. Weiser would be trying to divide up it's resourses between two different events going on at the same time. I suggest July 15th. That way we all can concentrate on ONE thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
July 15th is good for us.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts