Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
We are sitting in a hotel on the way home, in Dumas Tx.....

What a CRAZY time we had! Some of the craziest courses, and one of the best events ever!

We had some wierd breakage this weekend.... Pulled a 7/8's-3/4 heim joint through a 3/4" grade 8 bolt......that is getting in:D

We sheared all 6 studs off from our front hub and rotor, making our wheel fall off in the middle of the course.

And we snapped a rear driveline on the big wall...

Here is us attempting a bonus line on A1 on saturday, and yes I saved it :D

and from "Off-Road.com"
Yukon Axle and Maxxis sponsored Shane Yost (Unlimited Class) out of Boise, Idaho pulled off a great save as he tried to make the bonus line on A1. Shane said "It was our last run of the day and it made our whole trip worth it.

On the B4 course today, it was a 25' wall at 88* incline. My second attempt is when we blew the rear dline. We werent giving up though. I ended up attempting the wall in front wheel drive only having to scoot back further each time.

Finally putting the transfercase in high gear, backing up to the crowd about 125 yards from the wall, putting it into first gear and hammer down....

Here is one of many shots we have of us going up over the top front wheel drive only :D

We also have it on video:beer:

Todd estimates the front tires got about 15' off of the ground on top of the ledge.

This is the single biggest rush in my life, a whole new meaning to Getting It :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice save Shane! Wish I could have done the same. You caught some serious air!

How was the landing? Did that have anything to do with the broken studs on the hub/rotor?

Looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
WoW

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow congrats guys looks like you had a blast!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The event was awesome and all the competitors put on a good show.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nice save Shane! Wish I could have done the same. You caught some serious air!

How was the landing? Did that have anything to do with the broken studs on the hub/rotor?

Looks like a blast!

No it didnt...Im still puzzled on how i broke all 6 studs at once, and all the lug nuts were tightened too....:D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Just the wall, some people gave it a little gas and they were up over the wall, others like Jeff Downs from spidertrax gave it hell full throttle and couldnt climb the wall...

We werent going home with out making it up the wall...lol

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Took a little bit to get the nuts up to do that huh, I can imagine, awesome job Shane! Looked like a bunny hop! That's one hell of a run at that obsticle. 2-3 gear high range? That thing jumps good, time for a trip over to the sand to see????

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
cool video

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Took a little bit to get the nuts up to do that huh, I can imagine, awesome job Shane! Looked like a bunny hop! That's one hell of a run at that obsticle. 2-3 gear high range? That thing jumps good, time for a trip over to the sand to see????

Each time it was almost there...So i just backed up a little at a time......:D

If that didnt work I was going to go back into the grassy field and get it!

That was high range in first gear....But remember i have a powerglide, so that is a 1.82:1 first gear :D

The front tires are half full of water, id like to see that thing with out water:drive:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Holy schnikes! It probably helped a little having H20 in the tires looks like the front end dropped in a hurry. I was really surprised to se how well it landed, not much bounce, H2O probably helped that a little too. I bet you would have much fun in the sand with it! Hint, Hint...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts