Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got hacked this morning. All the damage was an Iframe insert into the main portal page designed to redirect to somewhere. I'm chasing it down now........

:lame:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that I couldn't access it and the Office Scan software opened up and ran on my computer everytime I tried. Here is what needs to happen to those damn hackers:flame:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still working on this one...

The redirect (failed) went to a home page located in China. It was registered through a company in Prague. I believe they were able to add a line to the index page using an SQL injection. I havent been able to find it yet in the logs but I will.

BTW, whoever is using Cable One up in Rexburg and leaves their computer on a lot, do a virus scan, your pounding my shoutbox to death with direct requests with a "-". It doesnt do anything but waste my server. Your IP is
69.92.67.147 and I will ban it in a few days if it doesnt stop.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh is that you? You are logged on all the time. There is an auto refresh for the shoutbox so it gets hits quite often.

But I think this is something else just the way it gets hit.

Leave it on and I'll start watching it. I can use it mabey to tweak it to run a little smoother now that we know what the source might be.

:cool:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you check my sig it will tell you what your IP is and you can verify if it is the one Matt is talking about.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, my server logs are whistle clean. So I think that another site got hacked (I'm on a shared server) and it cam eover and got me also. this isnt the first time its happened as some of you old timers might remember. I did find two security holes and I fixed them.

Sailing on.....

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts