Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or you will find yourself getting a phone call on your cell phone on Saturday morning from some place trying to sell you crap. I asked them how the hell they got my unlisted cell phone number and they said "AJ Johnson gave it to us!".

What the Fawk is your problem AJ? Did you actually think I would be interested in telemarketer calls or something?

Do me a favor and lose my number. :angryfir:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA,thats tooooooooooo funny!! :finger:
Reminds me of some dudes at my old welding shop all involved in that scamming shitty "ACN" phone service.Dudes tried for months and months to get me to sign up,go to a meeting,and always bragged aboot how much cash they brought in,etc,but they all drove shitty ass hoopties,same pants for a weeks at a time,and bitching bout 6 bucks that some dude owed to em'.

That is all..carry on :finger:

·
Registered
695 Posts
ACN.... that is :rotfl: I have a girl at work that has been trying for about 10 monthes now to get me to come to a meeting.....Problem is, is that if it was so good and you hate your current job, why you still there.... Glad I'm not the only one that has had the ACN phone service schpeel....

·
Registered
530 Posts
hahahahaha i hear ya,As soon as he started in on the pitch I was like dude go fawk yourself,I dont want anything to do with that bullshat!After like 8 months of hearing bout how awesome it was and this and that,I was like "dude,that will be the last time you ever mention that shiot to me again,I am damn sure solicitation in the work place is illegal" Pretty much never got the speech again but bragged aboot how much cash he was racking in etc.
Another fuuny one was one day him and his buddy Jim were bragging boot how much cash there monthly check was that had just come in,and where all dude,you ought to get in on this and said you ought to see my check and he reached for his pocket.So I called him on it,"well whip that fawker out lets see it",dude just walked away.

So Sand,was it ACN??

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
i hate a j on the phone right now with west............ :finger: :finger:

i don't want a shitty time share..i want to go to moab( to piss on aj's tires)

bronco man tried to get me into ACN emember dat scotty!! :finger: :finger:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
cannoncrawler said:
i hate a j on the phone right now with west............ :finger: :finger:

i don't want a shitty time share..i want to go to moab( to piss on aj's tires)

bronco man tried to get me into ACN emember dat scotty!! :finger: :finger:
:finger: No shame here, just trying to help a brother out. My laziness is my own fault. I know poeple making house payments with ACN money. It wasn't for me, but when they take me out for lunch I don't care where the money came from. As I recall some extra $$ would have helped you at that time.

Thank goodness we are all in better shape now. I got a call too, but after hanging up and forgetting about it I feel much better than I would if I just sat around whining about it. Be proacitve and quit whining.

I wish AJ wouldn't have done this but I don't hate him for it. I see friendship runs really deep around here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but I only give my cell phone number to people I want calling me. That is the jist of Matts post. I get telemarketer stuff on my home all the time and that is fine. I anyone gave my cell number to a telemarketer I would be pissed as well. Frendship is one thing being a fawker is another.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
blt2krl said:
I don't know about everyone else but I only give my cell phone number to people I want calling me. That is the jist of Matts post. I get telemarketer stuff on my home all the time and that is fine. I anyone gave my cell number to a telemarketer I would be pissed as well. Frendship is one thing being a fawker is another.
FYI for all that feel this way, and I am calling too:

Subject: Telemarketing Calls

JUST A REMINDER... 31 days from today, cell phone
>> numbers are being released to telemarketing companies
>> and you will start to receive sale calls.YOU WILL BE
>> CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...
>> To prevent this, call the following number from your
>> cell phone: 888/382-1222. It is the National DO NOT
>> CALL list. It will only take a minute of your
>> time.
>> It blocks your number for five (5) years.
>>
>> PASS THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS

I don't know how legit this is, but I am calling today to make sure my cell is protected from this.

Hope this helps all!
>

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
wolves

yup it is true...all phone companies foughtit, but it still passed...this fall your number is released to the wolves... :banghead:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
wolves

yup it is true...all phone companies foughtit, but it still passed...this fall your number is released to the wolves... :banghead:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
they gave me $75 in an american express card just for goint to see their little spiel... I don't want a timeshare either, but $75 for an hour of my time? that paid for my gas for 2 weeks..for those who this really offended, I'm sorry. I just wanted to share the info and the wealth..
for those whom this deeply and mortally wounded...get a fawkin life! it was a phone call! :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
broncoman said:
blt2krl said:

>> time.
>>

I don't know how legit this is, but I am calling today to make sure my cell is protected from this.

Hope this helps all!
>
I found it easier to go to https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx and register online. It only took about 2 minutes to do all three of my numbers. I am set until 2010, and now I can file a report if I am called.

Good luck.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blt2krl said:
Bingo.

for those whom this deeply and mortally wounded...get a fawkin life! it was a phone call!
See above you idiot.

I wish AJ wouldn't have done this but I don't hate him for it. I see friendship runs really deep around here.
I agree. A real friend would have not have done something like that. And if they had, and they found out it was taken the wrong way, they would have apologized, not call that person an idiot. I know where I stand with him now.

I'm not real surprised anyway. 90% of the time that AJ calls me anyway, he wants me to buy something. Gets old.

Hopefully he got the message here. Time will tell. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
they gave me $75 in an american express card just for goint to see their little spiel... I don't want a timeshare either, but $75 for an hour of my time? that paid for my gas for 2 weeks.. I just wanted to share the info and the wealth..
This was my motivation....

AJ Johnson said:
for those who this really offended, I'm sorry.
you must have missed this part Matt...
a phone call saying "Dude, what the hell?" would have cleared things up quickly, instead I see it pasted on Planet? :roll:

Once again, for those of you who were offended, I APOLOGIZE

I just figured "Hey, here's a quick $75 for an hour of your time!"

Seriously Matt, I'm sorry..I didn't mean for you to get bent out of shape.
and no, you aren't an idiot...most times anyhow.. :finger:

now, can we move on? this whole thing is getting :gay:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
they gave me $75 in an american express card just for goint to see their little spiel... I don't want a timeshare either, but $75 for an hour of my time? that paid for my gas for 2 weeks..for those who this really offended, I'm sorry. I just wanted to share the info and the wealth..
for those whom this deeply and mortally wounded...get a fawkin life! it was a phone call! :roll: :roll: :roll:
AJ, you kill me. You gave somone's cell phone number out for $75.00 dollars. Then you get defensive over people addressing it as a low move. I hope you can get some nice stuff with that $75.00.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
broncoman said:
broncoman said:
blt2krl said:

>> time.
>>

Hope this helps all!
>
I found it easier to go to https://www.donotcall.gov/register/Reg.aspx and register online. It only took about 2 minutes to do all three of my numbers. I am set until 2010, and now I can file a report if I am called.

Good luck.
Thanks for posting this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts