Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out this morning the lady I though would watch our dog is not going to be able to.

Sunday im hitting the road for work again, due to Micron cutting back...................dont get me started on that one..

But, there is plenty of work out there, I just have to travel to it now like i used to. Not really a great situation with everything else going on, but you have to do what you have to do.

So I am hoping to be back in boise before the end of the summer full time, but we could need someone to watch the dog for a couple of months until amber gets back with zach.

The dog is a female pit mix....Maddie. She is an absolute angel of a dog, and loves kids. She is a little skittish at first, but she is a great dog. She is fully house trained, and doesnt dig in the yard. She has been around kids since we got her when we lived in CA, she is about 5 now. Totally playful, will bark at strangers through the fence, but she doesnt bark in the house.

She will lay on her bed, or in bed with you if you let her. She is white and black and looks kind of like the little rascal dog.

I will provide food, a dog bed, dog bowls, leash and collar.

She is pretty easy to take care of, not a needy dog by any means. She gets fed twice a day, she does great. Not a hyper dog either, but when you want to play she will play!

If needed, I can have someone watch her for one more week, until monday the 28th, but that would be the latest.

Give me a call if you are interested.

Thanks!
Shane
695-4994

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does she get along with other dogs?

She did with all of the dogs we have had her around so far. My parents have 2 small dogs she gets along with, Pepper lived with us for a while with his rot, and Zach's nurse has 2 dogs and she has watched her before...No problems yet.

She is a pretty playful dog with other dogs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Does she roam and is she fixed? I have lots of room but, no fence. My dog doesn't wander. If she stays then she's welcome to keep my terrier company.
Dave

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does she roam and is she fixed? I have lots of room but, no fence. My dog doesn't wander. If she stays then she's welcome to keep my terrier company.
Dave
You know Dave, I dont know if she roams or not. We have always had a fence.

When I get home ill post a pic up of her so everyone can see.

·
Registered
646 Posts
She's certainly welcome at my house. If it is a concern or problem, I have a 6x12 dog run I can put up and use while we're at work. We have 60 acres for her to run and play on.
Dave
859-9549

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remeber her from the last time I was out there. Way cool and friendly dog. Pits and pit mixes get way too bad of a reputation

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah wasn't that her out front of the shop when we picked up your Jeep ?
She's pretty cute !

·
Registered
646 Posts
Shane,
No problem at all. She was a little skittish of all the new critters and such at first but, she's settling down fine. Tyler already said he wants a dog like her...
Dave

·
Registered
646 Posts
We already have a Maddie update!!:thumb:
Guess those city dogs don't know about Skunks!!!:darn:
Boy does she smell....:shocked:
Hopefully she learned to stay away.:idea:
Dave

·
Registered
883 Posts
Eeewwww.. My poor Maddie!!! iF you want and can will you take her to get a bath @ the groomer and while there, have her nails painted? I will send you the $$ for it! Just lemme know the cost, I can paypal or send via mail!

I just hate to have her smelling, and I know it must be horrible to SMELL her too...

Poor Maddie!

Thanks so much for taking care of her though! She is truly a great animal, though she thinks she a human most of the time.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Painting dog's nails? :rotfl:

·
Registered
646 Posts
We already gave her 2 baths. I don't think we need to spend any of your money on a groomer when I have 2 capable teenagers here to wash her. Please tell me I don't HAVE to paint her nails? They'll just get dirty again...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Awww, pink nails with matching collar would be so cute, or purple on purple.

(Ask Zara on our next run)

·
Registered
883 Posts
We already gave her 2 baths. I don't think we need to spend any of your money on a groomer when I have 2 capable teenagers here to wash her. Please tell me I don't HAVE to paint her nails? They'll just get dirty again...

OK, OK, You dont have too paint her nails! LOL
If you need anything for her, please be sure to let us know!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts