·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
poll

yeah.the poll really conflicts with the feel of the article!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah, saw this on a toyota forum already, since the article is talking about driving in already protected areas I don't think they're talking about taking anything away from us, just keeping inconsiderate people from trampling already protected land, I'm not sure a yes vote is proper, but also don't want to vote no, so I'm going to stand nuetral on this one :mrgreen:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Should off-road vehicles be allowed in all national parks?
Yes, Americans should be able to use national parks for recreational pastimes.
No, taking an off-road vehicle into a national park could cause significant environmental damage.

The wording in this poll is all screwed up, what is an off road Vehicle??? Should off-road rigs be allowed in "ALL" national parks!!!!
I would say NO, Most National parks are not set up for OHV use , like Yellowstone --- there is plenty of govment land for OHV use.
Would I say kick the snowmobiles out of Yellowstone --NO!!!!
Big difference between a mud,rock tire and a snowmobile on top of the snow that will disappear in the spring!!!!!
There has got to be some protected areas in the good ol USA
but we have got to protect the areas we have set up for OHV, Rubicon, Moab and lots of others across the States plus the local areas we have here..
Hope I didnt sound like a member of the Siera club :finger: those guys --- OK theres my 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
i voted to allow the vehicles. The article and the poll are related but the polls question needs more clarification. I am for OHV access, but I don't believe in going off trail. It seems they want to lump all OHV users together, saying we all go off trail????? :banghead:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm all for wheelin and I voted yes btw were up to 76.1% I think we have a right to wheel these areas.Who are they to take that away from us. We as citizens have a right to do this what makes it any different for these guys from japan to bulldoze these wooded areas for building drag strips and such. The damage we do as wheelers is only semi permenent the damage they do is permenent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts