Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a user map where you put in you coordinates in your profile and then you can look at a map to see where it is. you can select different maps to narrow down locations. I've got the world map setup but the Idaho map is a little off. I have plans to put all states in there plus different countries. It should be searchable by username also. I'm trying to find a decent set of maps to use right now.

Anyway, mess around with it and let me know what bugs you find and stuff.

http://www.planet4x4.net/phpBB2/map.php

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welp I got my cordinats logged in...Dont know if I really want to have cordinats to my house per say..theres to many fawking whackos out there like AJ.Dont really know if I want him or others knowing where i live,or being able to obtain that information.Sounds like another way for "Big Brother" to keep an eye on me :finger:
But guess it wont hurt since I really dont live anywhere close to melba,even though thats the mailing addy,actually closer to Murphy :finger:

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT,thats shits pretty cool non the less..

**EDIT** Its says I'm not visible ont he map.Idaho or Planet map..theres the 1st bug!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I input my coordinates - shows that I am 6700km away from the two existing users - but the coordinates seem to be right. Anywho - the user names that hover over the map are white and you cannot see them. Also the Idaho map will not zoom in on the lower western side of the state. It always seems to need the eastern border in view. Cool hack tho - goes really well with the "planet" theme :beer: :beer:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess you could just put in Boise or something. I jsut went by my zipcode.

I'm going to look for a better map and thanks for pointing out the white text stuff. I'm also going to see if I can convert the km to miles.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gripguru said:
I input my coordinates - shows that I am 6700km away from the two existing users - but the coordinates seem to be right. Anywho - the user names that hover over the map are white and you cannot see them. Also the Idaho map will not zoom in on the lower western side of the state. It always seems to need the eastern border in view. Cool hack tho - goes really well with the "planet" theme :beer: :beer:
You put them in backwards! :thumb:

I fixed it. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
530 Posts
On the planet map k/m 6543 km from Nate..but on the Idaho map he's only 28km's..Sandma is stil 341km on either of em..I can see me on each one though..yeaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Sandman said:
gripguru said:
You put them in backwards! :thumb:

I fixed it. :thumb:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts