Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UROC season finally gets started this Saturday in Salt Lake at the Rocky Mountain Raceway. It is going to be really interesting to see who shows up with what. i know there are a lot of new rigs built and some legendary off road guys will be racing. Bully Dog has a few pair of extra tickets, first come first serve, if you want a pair email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Wish I didn't have plans already. Thanks for offering to all of us!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hope whoever went comes back with some pics and details. Couldn't pipe up and take advantage of Bully Dog's kindness because of CTD (Crap To Do) - but I'd still like to know how it all went down.

Something I'd really like to hear about is if there's been any increase of portal axle use by the professionals. Seems like there's more options nowadays, what with the various vendors coming up with their own versions of a portal, so I keep expecting to see pro rigs and moneyed trail rigs sporting some.

Loads of pics would be exponentially tubular (there's two words not often put next to each other...kinda looks wrong, eh?).

-Mikey-

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was an odd event for sure, 3 rigs running head to head over a course that was built for one, maybe two at the most. It was a land rush type of start with all three racing to the first obstacle and then it was pretty much single file racing after that. The result was great action for the general public, there were big wrecks, heated arguements between drivers and it exposed the sport we all love in a good way.The bad was that it took hours to get through like 20 races, it was just a really slow night. An old rock crawl has it beat as there is always something going on on ne of 8 or so obstacles, this weekend there was 30+ minutes where there was no action as they were clean ing up accisents or somthing else.

In the end Shannon Cambell got his ass kicked all weekend, he looked good in practice and qualifying but got taken out in a few heats or just struggled with lines. Cotton Rod, a girl that is not really well known ran really well and finished second. Taking the win was Nate Williams from Mt. Logan and sponsored by Bully Dog. He hurt the morning in practice, drained half the oil, filled it with Lucas and went out and did not loose a race and wes never one of the guys driving dirty pushing people out of the way.

While it was a decent event the technical side of crawling is gone, these guys are all just hitting as hard and fast as they can, it was more about powering over an obstacle. Kinda sad but for these guys big events with lots of spectators brings in better and bigger sponsors and that is important when it comes to a pro sport.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
thanks for the update

1 - 5 of 5 Posts