Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Stephen Watson (owner of Offroad Design) on the phone the other day about a shipping problem. He said that on 4 Wheeler Magazines Ultimate Adventure tour the Idaho trails south of Boise were the best part of the trip. He said everything after that was anticlimatic. Said we were lucky to have access to such good trails in Idaho. He's right, we are lucky. We just need to make sure to keep them open by not littering roads and trails that others use.
I spoke to a forest ranger in Challis once about backcountry road closures and he said the thing that will get a road closed the fastest is traveling a road in wet weather and digging ruts into it. Lets all be careful so we don't lose these great trails.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Ya know, I never owned a 4x in Pocafello when I lived there, but the mountains I cruised I thought were tame.
(X had a thing with Scout mountain, and that was pretty much all we did, except for some trail runnin' o the mountains, west of , well southwest of town, dirt hills, no pine action at all.)

Guess I need to rehook up with my nine year old I haven't seen in a million years, and have a few locals show me around.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I talked to Stephen Watson (owner of Offroad Design) on the phone the other day about a shipping problem. He said that on 4 Wheeler Magazines Ultimate Adventure tour the Idaho trails south of Boise were the best part of the trip. He said everything after that was anticlimatic. Said we were lucky to have access to such good trails in Idaho.
I was fairly unimpressed with many of them at the dunes. Watson could have kicked butt out there, but no one really hammered it. He did well in the mud, but it is what you put into it. The Boise trails do look awesome!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I was fairly unimpressed with many of them at the dunes. Watson could have kicked butt out there, but no one really hammered it. He did well in the mud, but it is what you put into it. The Boise trails do look awesome!

The dunes are an acquired taste. I had trouble overheating, and feared all the money in my motor was going to nuke. It takes more than two days to give it hell and start to romp.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The dunes are an acquired taste. I had trouble overheating, and feared all the money in my motor was going to nuke. It takes more than two days to give it hell and start to romp.
I think what Scott might be reffering to is a bunch of these guys(at the campfire the night before) said "Oh yeah dunes no problem, we have been on dunes before"

Then they get to St. Anthony and realize these dunes are alot different than alot of the other dunes out there and usually alot taller and bigger.

It kind of sucks that Watson said the rest of the trip was anticlimatic but we did what Rick Pewe asked us to do. He said can you guys find some mud and we said yup so we did. We don't even get to use the mudholes that they were on in Ultimate adventure. Just the trail that runs to and around them. It was pretty cool hanging out with everyone though. Tim Hardy is just about the coolest guy I have ever met.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
We are all very lucky to have been able to participate. It was a great time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts