·
Registered
183 Posts
what kind/year? :finger:

·
Registered
11 Posts
203's and 241's are most common from 73-89
mainly 73-81 or so are the np203's and 81- on are np241's that is if they are full time...they have 205's too...but don't see them often (mainly if it was switched out.)

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
t case

in my opinion, look for the 241.

it has a lower low range, plus its divorced

just an opinion

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
yup

It suprized me too.

mine is an 89' 360 tbi, auto and divorced 241.

it is almost a direct swap to put a jeep 4 to 1 241.

another option is to drop a klune v. You don't even have to move the t-case.

anyways they are out there!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I run two Dodges an 83 and an 84 and I have 727's mated to the 208.

I swear by the 208 and have never had a problem. The 2.61 reduction can't be beat.

If you want I have a 203 that is mated to a 727 laying around at the house. Send me an e-mail at [email protected]

I live in MT Home off exit 90 the house with all the trucks.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
t case

sorry i am slow i will get one up tomorrow.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
maybe I need to look under my pwagon I am selling???:darn:

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey, anyone whos listening
i got a '85 powerram and i was reading up on my 727 auto. tranny and my np208 tansfer case and it says its only a part time 4wd. i was just wondering what a part time actually mean? if i get a locker to lock my front axels, would that make it full time? like, when i bought the truck i thought i was getting a 4x4. and now its a 2x4? i dont get it??? also what do i need to upgrade to a full-time automatic?? thax.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Part time means you can only use it part of the time... ie... not on paved roads.

Vs. full time is basically All wheel drive... always in 4wd like an NP203

The 241 case is a part time case. It's pretty strong too I'd imagine cause it's behind the Cummins as well.

5,555 ft/lbs max torque

Compared to a 231 at 1885 ft/lbs

http://www.newventuregear.com/tcases.html

·
Registered
464 Posts
Part time= Have to put it in 4 wheel drive
Full time= always a 4 wheel drive, (for the most part)
The np203 (full time transfer) for instance, acts like a differential, letting the front grab when the rear slips, and vice versa, until you lock it in.
I've never heard of a factory divorced 241, but....

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, is a part time better than a full time?or which is more prefurred? my set up is a 727 with np208, i think it has D44's in the front ( its a w250) and the 9.25 bolt rear.
i was also wondering, if i got a locker to lock my front axels, would that be hard on my 208? im running big tires...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
208 is fairly strong. I'd lock the rear before locking the front though.

Part time means you have 2wd as well as 4wd. Full time means only 4wd. Now which would be better??

·
Registered
464 Posts
Full time usually gets worse gas mileage, and tends to wear things out alittle faster, like ujoints in the front axle for instance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a worn front driveshaft, so i took it out. its 2 peices and the spline is worn really bad. like tis got major slop. i was wondering if this is normal or what would cause it too get so worn out like that?? i know someone else with a 4x4ram that has slop too. any input one this guys??:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts