Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: I drive with out a header panel and grille for the moment and it was raining really bad this past sunday. Well I'm pretty sure the rain got into everything. Well, that night after work I went out to start it, and it wouldnt turn off. I had cranking power but it still wouldnt turn over. Im thinking spark plug got wet or something? But this is the funny part. The next day I went out to see what was up because I actually had daylight this time, and I went to start and it started right up. I was like what the heck! What was wrong?

Question 2: Well this summer, me and a bunch of my friends are going to this off roading park, I think its a park, where we go through trails and such to get to a camping spot. Well, my ford, being my off roader and daily driver I not sure if it will make it or not. I live in the burbs of Illinois and this park is six hours north of the wisconsin border. I just wanted info on what I could do to the engine/transmission to make sure I make this trip. Even other thing that would help quality like fresh oil, air filter, ect will help. Everything is pretty much stock and old. Ive changed out the alternator, the turn signal, the light switch, and that about it for now. Just let me know what I could do to make sure I make this trip. Oh, by the way, I have a 93' F-150 with 106,200 Miles on it. I think that is low miles for a 93'. I have till June 10th to get everything done!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Answer 1: Sounds like you got water in the distributer. Not really a big deal, just won't start. If you have some wd-40 take the cap off the distributer and spray some in there, not much maybe just a second or two squirt, keep the can with you and if it happens again, just spray some in there. It should fire right up.

Answer 2: Just do everything you can, fresh oil and filters always help, and don't forget about differentials and trasmission and t-case. Also be aware of wheel bearings, many people forget about them, and I have been on the way to many trails and have seen guys have to stop or turn around becuse wheel bearings have started to make noise or even seize completly. Just try and go over every nut and bolt with a wrench and tighten everything down, nothing is more embaresing than a driveshaft that falls out on the trail cuz you didn't tighten the bolts. Preventative maintence is the key.

Have fun and be safe!!! :beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts