Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magic Valley Mud Bogs is going to put on a race September 25. It is going to be held in Twin Falls near the airport. It will start at 3:00. I will get more info, like when the sign up and inspection start.

·
Registered
111 Posts
:thumb: More info please

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will talk to the guy putting it on at work tonight if he is there. He has put on other mud bogs in Rupert. I don't think he has done it for a while but wants to start back up again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's been years since we have run in that area. It will be good to get back. We are looking forward to driving over, even though it's a bit of a drive for us.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh sure, get us all excited and leave us hanging. :mrgreen: I've started spreading the word among the Mountain Home racing crowd.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy putting it on wasn't at work last night but should be there tonight. If you are in Mtn. Home saturday look for a black Ford bronco. Jason drives it and knows more about the race and classes that will be running in Twin Falls.

:razz: Last time Jason was at Mtn. Home he jumped his bronco over the front of the trailer and into his pickup. :banghead: There should be a few people there that can point him out. LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
SOme folks told me about the trailer jump :rotfl: I don't know how I missed it. I must have been over at the announcers stand when it happened. I'll look for him. Isn't that the Bronco that was pretty fast?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the scoop: :thumb:

Magic Valley Mudd Bogs
Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 3:00 PM
2 miles South on Blue Lakes Blvd. off of Kimberly Road
General Admission: $5.00 ages five and under free
Classes: Stock through Modified
100% payback through 5th place
Driver's meetings at 2:30 pm and all drivers MUST ATTEND
Must be registered to race by 1:30 PM
1 pitman allowed/can ride

Good Luck :beer:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish I would have been there to see it. I did get to weld the trailer back together though. He was a pretty good sport about it with all the shiaaat that he got from the guys at work. He borrowed the trailer and a camper shell and got to repair them both. It was an expensive trip.

I haven't seen him run this year but i think he has done alright. He runs tall skinny swampers. It seems to work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll spread the word. WOW, we get to have passengers. I could make more money giving rides than most paybacks. :rotfl:

I've had dumb stuff happen to me too, some of it because of my dumb moves. The last silly thing was that I had sprayed that slick tire cleaner stuff on my tires before a race. All of the tires. Tread too. So as I tried to climb up and over the wheel well fenders on the trailer I just sat there doing a burnout on my trailer. :oops: I learned a lesson though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jason said that those swampers hook up hard on those loading ramps. By the time he shut it off he was at the end of the trailer and up against his tailgate. As long as nobody gets hurt it's the best way to learn. His wife will never stand around the trailer while he is loading again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has any word been said about what kind of pit it will be? It turns out that there is another race in Richfield on the same day. I am trying to find out as much about each race I can so please let us know what the plans are for the pit(s). Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Twin Falls canceled

Bad dawg I just talked to Jason and he said that the Twin Falls race is canceled. Apparently the guys that were helping Steve (Magic Valley Mudd Boggs) with the timing eyes, land to use, and equipment asked if he could have his earlier in the day. Steve had already sent out fliers and advertised in some papers. Turned out Steve said @#$% it and canceled it. He called everyone and cancelled what advertising he could. It's a big mess.

I heard the Richfield race on the radio this morning and wondered
WTF.

Jason said you kicked his ass in the last race. I told him he needs to put flames on the bronco so the crowd thinks it's faster.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Before I start telling everyone that the Twin race is off, can we somehow confirm it? Was Jason part of it?

Here is the information that was posted on the Wild West web site about the Richfield race:

" There will be a mud bog in richfield sat sept 25 ( ya the same day as the one in twin falls ) 100% pay back to first 3 places there is also a added purse for more information you can call JW @ 727-1231 or I have a copy of the flyer you can reach me at 587-0894 Larry reynolds. It looks like they have four classes stock, super stock, modified stock and open class. They will also have a four wheeler class a pee wee class (for the little ones) also snow mobiles . Thanks for the great year of drags

Also, it sounds like they payback 100% plus an added $2,000!!! "

Check the string of messages here: http://offroaders.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=mud&action=display&num=1095038084

I was able to make contact with Tonya about the Weiser race Oct. 16th but still not much information yet.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bad Dawg I talked to Steve and he said it was canceled. Sounds like the Richfield bog ought to have quit a few trucks in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts