Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is how I made my tube fenders. I used 1" sch 40 pipe for the tube fenders. I also wanted the original inner fender to enclose the engine compartment and slider rocker guards. The rocker guard is 3/16" steel and the steel covering the fenders is 1/8" steel.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The fenders are the same width as the originals. Except, the tube for the sliders slightly flairs out. I may bend up a set of flairs out of some spare tube and see how that works/looks. I had two neighborhood cops over and they said it does need to cover the tires more by code. They said locally they would not have a problem with it, but the state troopers may.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Looking good man looks like by the time I'm ready to make up some bumpers you'll have that bender all figured out.
Sorry I didn't get to talk to ya after work I got stuck trying to make a deal with roland on an old ford he's got.
Whats your plans for this weekend maybe I'll come over and drink a few beers and watch you work on it for a bit?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Whenever you are ready let me know. I think I may get some software, Bend-Tech, and then it wil be easy.

I will bo going back up to Boise to watch the Steelheads play on Saturday and will be back Sunday evening. I probably won't be getting back until around 7-8pm and get to go in on graveyard shift at 11pm.

Damn, another project. I can't even get one done. Is he going to give you a sweet deal? Rowland always has, or knows someone who is trying to, get rid of something. He always seems to get goods deals though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I may add some tube flares to them and on the rear later on.

I would like to try some highline fenders or maybe some like on the fiberglass high clearance hoods you see, but with tube. :popcorn: That way you could keep the lift low and still have clearance for susension flex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts