Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well I finally broke out the tube bender again and started a new project. Tube doors for the Tracker was the order of the day. I just started on this project, but I'm pretty happy about how it is turning out so far.

Just a couple of notes. First the material is 1" square tube bent in my Pro Tools 105 bender with a 6" CLR die. I think that I will lower the top tube so that the horizontal part of the tube follows the body line between the front fender and rear quarter panel. I still need to source some new latches so I'll probably end up surfing the Austin Hardware catalog.

Enjoy the pictures!

p.s. I might lower the lower rear corner , we'll just have to see.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I think Brent at Trail tough has some pretty sweet latches he would sell you :D

He sourced them for his Crustacean and I believe he now sells them. Best latch i have seen for tube doors yet.

I need to get the square tube die :D

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
check out hot rod catalogs and racing catalogs for door hinges there are about a billion different designs out there. The ones that brent at trail tough sells are very similar to several I have seen for door slammers and buckets

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, the doors aren't done yet. Although, I did look at the tube last night when I was out in the shop. I still need to order the latches as well.

Mike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well on Monday I was cleaning up my little work area and had to start picking things up. Well there was all of this tube kicking around on the floor so I decided to pick it up, weld it up and then bolt it up to the Tracker.

I don't have the latches yet but I think that I'm ready for them now, what do you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts