Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this last weekend was the last weekend at home for Zach for quite a while....

So I called Scott (Broncoman) and he helped us plan a mini vacation for him. While searching around, we found out that everything was closed for the winter, but Scott said, let me see what I can do.

So he called me back and said, I just talked to YellowStone and told them the situation, and they are going to let you guys into the park :D

So long story short here, Amber got sick on thursday night, and we were leaving friday....Well I took the three kids myself out to the park. Stopped by in Rexburg for some dinner and met up with Scott, Matt, and Lavell while I was there.

The park was absolutely amazing, and we pretty much had the park to ourselves with the exception of the staff members and people on bikes as the park does not open up until the end of the month to the public.

On saturday we roamed around the park for about 6 hours, and then for about 3 hours on sunday. The kids saw all kinds of animals to include, about 400 bison, 200+ elk, gound hogs, squirrels, a baby moose and an eagle eating a dead bison on sunday :)

I also took them to the Grizzly and Wolf discovery center, and they saw 3 Grizzlies and 4 gray wolves.

All in all it was a great weekend, it was our first time on the east side of the state and our first time to YellowStone.

Here are a few pics of the adventure.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
WAY COOL!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was truly my pleasure. You are all very courageous and your kids are great! I was glad the boys opened up to us later and tell Miranda (I think) that I was impressed with how well she helped you wit the boys.

Looks like an awesome trip. I was glad to see the photo wasn't something embarrasing about me!

For eveyone who doesn't know them:
Zach has a heart of a lion. Help support him all you can!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Shane, I worked in Yellowstone for 3 years, and i'm sooo glad you got to see it like you did! this is the absolute best time of year to see it! I'm way happy for you guys! Great Job Scott!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Cool pics I'm sure your kids loved seeing all those animals. Best wishes to Zack I hope everything goes good for him...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts