Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, we are planning a weekend outing to the sand dunes in St. Anthony. We are going the 24th, 25th, 26th of this month. We will leave after work on Friday, and be camping at the Egin Lakes campground. Everyone is welcome, and I talked to the ranger up there and all 4x4's only need a flag that is 6 feet from the ground or taller. No OHV stickers are needed!! I don't want to here anyone complaining about not being lifted or having a "stock" rig. In the sand anything goes it is run what ya brung, balls to the wall fun. Once again EVERYONE is welcome!! Grab a tent or camper, pack up your rig and lets go have some fun. The sand is the most fun you can have in your rig, I would almost guarantee it!! St. Anthony sand dunes are about 50 miles north of Idaho Falls. If anyone needs directions give me a call or look up the web site!!! The more people we get the more fun it is, so lets all get out and have some fun. Post up if you can make it, so I know how many campsites to reserve, it is a small fee to camp there, but the more people we get the cheaper it is. They have restrooms, covered picnic tables, and fire rings so let me know who is planing on going.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The flags can be purchased at any dirt bike\quad shop. Should run about $15 for a decent one.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Oh yeah have to plan a trip to the dunes all when I was about to do some major work on the blazer. Well I guess the major work will just have to wait I will be there :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The club run to Caribou is the 25th. I was not at the last meeting so I didn't know that until it was too late. I had already made plans for the sand. This is not going to be a club run, since the Caribou run is the same weekend. You could always go to Caribou on Sat. and come to the dunes on Sun. :thumb: What ever you decide, you know where I will be.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I do kind of hate to ditch the club on Sat but man I love the dunes. Mabey we could set up something where we could meet poeple who went to Caribou at 4 or 5 somewhere in the dunes and go out for the evening I will have my cb on and will run the club channel if anyone wants to come out after the run. Now all I have to do is come up with money for gas, lets see 2 days out on the dunes= a tank and a half. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoaaaa, no need to start a battle here. If people want to go on the caribou run, by all means have at it. We will be in the sand all weekend! Come out whenever anyone wants to, we can meet up at anytime! The dunes are a blast, but if you are scared of the skinny pedal, it is not the place for you!! My friend is bringing a stock Geo Tracker and it is a blast, you just cannot be afraid of the rev. limiter, if you have one!!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
A stock tracker man if he can keep his speed up that thing should be fun to watch. I think there will still be plenty of people going to Caribou. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I have never camped up there do I need to reserve a spot? It will be me and my wife on Friday night and possibly sat night too. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We don't need to reserve a spot. I will take a cruz up there this week and get all the details. It really depends on how many people we have going and how close together we want to be! I will post up the info as soon as I know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
O.K. everyone I just drove up to the dunes and the camping situation looks like this. I need to know a haed count on who is going and if anyone is planing on bringing a camper or motorhome. Our choices are as follows: Egin Lakes: $30.00 per night for a group site up to 25 people, and power
for anadditional $5.00 a night. Covered tables.
$16.00 per night for smaller site up to 12 people, power on
a few of these sites. Tables, but not covered.
$12.00 a night for up to 8 people, smaller camp site. No
power, no covered tables.
Desert Oasis Resort: $25.00 a night for full hook up site
$12.00 a night for tent camp site.
*Nicer campground further from the dunes!
Sand Hills Resort: We would need three camp sites probably. Depends on how many people. 3 sites is 97.00 a night with one haveing full hook ups. This is the nicest campsite out there, but the most money, and it is furthest from the dunes.
I recomend we stay with Egin Lakes and get one of the $30.00 sites and just pile everyone on it. That is my vote. The only draw back is there is no grass for a tent. But there are restrooms close by(within walking distance) Now the only draw back is Egi Lakes DOES NOT take reservations, so it is first come first serve. Let me know...

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I am good for the big site too. I am free during Friday so I could go up there a little early and set up my tent or whatever you have to do to get the big site. If I wanted to stay further away from the dunes I would sleep at my house :mrgreen: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The other campsites are still on the sand just further away from the BIG dunes. North and east of Egin Lakes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts