Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knows of anysnags that can come up when changing from a auto tranny to a manual tranny in a 91 toyota xtra cab pickup. any thing would help

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well its going to take a lot of work you will need to install a pedal, pulg off the radiator, run the cable, install a reservoir, oh and get a new ECU I believe, its a lot of work, I love my auto, Wouldn't change it for the world. just regear the axles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is best if you have a manual parts truck there as you swap it over. It would be best if you swapped the engine harness with the ECU...getting rid of the auto trans wiring. There is a computer under the shifter console that is your trans computer.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I've done it, in a 91 with a 3.0 V6. It was a major PITA. And it is very labor intensive. In my honest opinion unless you absolutely are in love with your truck for some emotional reason sell it and buy a manual truck if that is what you have to have. ECU, remove wiring, VSS change, tranny mount, and the bolts on the bellhousing are a real PITA plus the expense of pedals, flywheel, bellhousing. ARGHH! Bringing back nightmare images.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts