Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trails for the three days so far are:

Day 1: Hells Revenge - Same as last year. Once again, its a fun trail and if any issues or breakage show up, its close to town and easy to get out of.

Day 1 evening: Get together and the Raffle at the campground.

Day 2: Mashed Potatoe and the Pickle - 16 miles north of town. Everybody can do the Mashed Potatoe with plenty of options for the hard core rigs. Pickle is optional but easy to park and watch from either the top side of the bottom side. We can eat lunch on the back side of the Potatoe where there is a great play area.

Day 3: Triple Threat - Poisen Spider through the Golden Spike and out Gold Bar Rim. We can eat lunch at the Golden Crack.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
43 Posts
LOL I like the names of some of the places. Golden crack! :darn: Only a person like me would think something bad. :rotfl:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
sounds like fun!!!

can't wait

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Something to consider as well would be doing more than one trail run a day to give people options (like we had done last year)

This would also keep the groups in more manageable sizes. I like wheeling in a group 5-7 rigs at most, dunno about everyone else.

A couple good ones (I like anyhow)

Behind the Rocks
Fins and Things
Metal Masher

·
Registered
46 Posts
mashed potatoe? i am familiar with the pickle and enjoy it immensely, but I have never heard of mashed potatoe? Were is this located? How hard is it? thanks

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt like running two groups last year so we'll see how one group works this year. If its too big well, we'll change it up.

You know the canyon that the pickle is in? Go north one more canyon and the potatoe runs along the cliff above it on the North side. Then you go over the top and there is a bunch more on the backside. Now well known but a real blast. Crawl magazine had their media run on it this year.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
374 Posts
hey, since you guys live in Idaho, better learn how to spell potato, there's no "e" at the end. Unless you spell Idaho "Idahoe" :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Allright Dan Quayle Notice the spelling

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Did anyone else have issues with it? I liked it because we were able to pick and choose trails a bit more.

With a large group, it seems like it's stop and go all day which gets frustrating. A 4hr trail ride quickly turns to an 8hr one.
It's nice to have 5-10 rigs or so so you can see the rigs up front and know what's going on.

The other thing with a large group is when you meet up with other folks on the trail going the other way and there isnt' much room to move over. It makes for a royal cluster fawk.

I didnt like running two groups last year so we'll see how one group works this year. If its too big well, we'll change it up.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
As long as I am wheeling I don't care either way.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm not going, so my opinion is ZERO. But since it sounds like you have such a large group I would suggest you consider doing Rusty Nail. It is a fun trail and gets you to the Crack and all the fun obstacles on Golden Spike a lot quicker. Or if you divide up you could send one group up Rusty Nail and the other group earlier to Poison Spider and you could meet up at the Crack.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here's what we are going to do. We are all going to get down there, see who shows up and go from there. I have no problem splitting up or running different trails. The last two years we went over everything at the front and made changes so we can do it again this year.

The rusty nail is a good trail and some of us went on that last year. For those that missed it we could always figure it out. The whole idea is to have a good time in Moab so if you guys want to do something else no problem, I'm basically just setting up a framework for all of us to go wheeling there. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've never got to wheel in moab, every time I went there I was stuck working, Thus I have no first hand experiencewith any of the trails. But I can tell you this, I am DAMBED stoked to go, I don't really care how many people or what trails I am just really excited to get down there and have a blast.:drool:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
TJWAXJ, are you bringing your cherokee down? I am and the NAXJA fall fling run is going on down there at the same time.
Ye, I am. I have a few things to do to get it ready first, I fave heard somthing about that I'll have to check into it more. Are you planning on doing anything with them?
My name is Travis, by the way.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
We can go wheel with Santa :drive:... Cherokee.... Grand Cherokee all the same thing :thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts