Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran Soldier Cap on Saturday. 7 rigs for HDOR met up at Dans Ferry at 900am. There was a Idaho4x4 run at the same time, they ran 2HD. We unloaded off of Wilson Ranch Road and headed up the trail.

This was a very tame trail with some steeps and ruts. It was a breeze if you had any lockers and the only excitement came from Robert attempting to lift tires off the ground in his bronco.

We stopped for lunch and decided that we had not satisfied our hunger for rocks.

The non-eventful trialride led us to run over to Carnage and have some fun.
Kevin was out front:

Then myself (I let Nick, my passenger for the day drive in this photo):

Followed by theDave:

Darrel:

Brandon:

and finally Chuck. Robert left his up top and walked down to watch. I made Kevin wait at the obstacles so that I could get some footage of the elusive USS Polar Bear, and some of it was pretty good.
I had Mike record some of the trial too, and he is HIRED. You do a great job of taking footage Mike. I appreciate your time with the camera. The most excitement came at the big rocks near the end of Carnage. Kevin flexed the beast out as he drove through the tough section taking whatever line he wanted. Then I tried to get the jeep on its lid twice, taking the same line as Kevin at the bottom and then taking the steep tall side of the last obstacle. It is all on tape folks :flipoff: SuperDave ran Carnage without much incident, only had a bent tierod that was fixed on the trail. I believe this is daves first time through carnage. GOOD JOB BUDDY. Darrel stayed with us all day too. No breakage. Those Longfields sure paid off. Brandon drug the blue cherokee through there too. Lots of body damage, but his drivetrain stayed together and he drove home no problem. I bet he starts buying bigger and better parts soon too. Chuck had a great day, but lost an axle shaft at the very end of Carnage. Carnage Canyon lives up to its name every time. Pics are started in the gallery.

·
Registered
379 Posts
good stuff ...how long did the cherokee sit in the crack??? looked like he was on 31's:shocked:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cool.

Post up before you guys go on runs... I'd like to go once in a while if that's ok?

·
Registered
346 Posts
rodzillax3 said:
good stuff ...how long did the cherokee sit in the crack??? looked like he was on 31's:shocked:
Yeah I'd like to know too. I'm thinking about doing it with 34s and rock rails in an XJ. After watching that I'm wondering now.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He wasnt there for long at all. We just pushed him on through, no strap or winch. I dont think slamming the sides on the rocks is that big of a deal. I guess I dont have a unibody though. :rotfl:

·
Registered
346 Posts
gripguru said:
He wasnt there for long at all. We just pushed him on through, no strap or winch. I dont think slamming the sides on the rocks is that big of a deal. I guess I dont have a unibody though. :rotfl:
His looks like a DD like mine, so you hope to keep semi straight until it makes its next leap. That is why I armoured my rear quarters and put on rails. I'm sure it'll find a new spot to dent and scape next time out though.
Thanks !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts