Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my big mouth has done it again :darn:

I have been volunteered to lead a group of extreme mountain bikers on a technical ride in the Owyhee's. I was thinkin' of running Lost Trail backwards and shoot'n down 2-Headed Dragon. Only problem is I can't remember exactly where to go!

So, I'm taking a long shot here and asking if someone who knows the trails would be willing to come along and help get us through. Plus, the addition of a support vehicle to carry out the wounded would be handy!

Arrangements have been made for shuttles to drop-off us off at the top and pick us up at the highway. It should make for a fun ride with good obstacles along the way.

If done responsibly, this could greatly help political & land-use relations on both sides.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out. The ride would probably take place within the next 2-3 weeks depending on weather and holiday commitments. Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Depending upon when you were going I might be able to go. Do you use any mapping software? I have the entire trail mapped using Garmin's map software.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just my .2 but, if you did LT and 2HD, you would get about 10% technical riding and 90% of boring 2 track full of sand traps. There is some somewhat technical singletrack along the Reynolds Creek Canyon, and in the Wilson Peak area, but not a lot of continuous trail without sand traps....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just my .2 but, if you did LT and 2HD, you would get about 10% technical riding and 90% of boring 2 track full of sand traps. There is some somewhat technical singletrack along the Reynolds Creek Canyon, and in the Wilson Peak area, but not a lot of continuous trail without sand traps....
We've all been there, done that 100x's. Looking for larger obstacles and I know the above trails have 'em. LT is about the right length and overall, something new. I'm not worried about the sand with this rain. Depending on time we'll come back to the top and shoot down Meatgrinder. That waterfall is trip to jump off.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That waterfall is trip to jump off.
Please get us some pics of that!!! I am too big of a wussy to attempt that stuff myself, but sure fun to see others!!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
How freaked out will they be by folks driving past the No Trucks signs? They are still at the busted cattle guard and right at the end of the trail. They aren't legitimate signs per BLM and the Sheriff's Dept. but they are still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts