Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and did a little trail exploring with Kurt and Greg on Sunday. Found a neat trail that drops down the side of the canyon wall into the snake river. It is a one way in/out road, but there are lots of piles of rocks to play on, and the road down is definitely requires 4wd to make it back out.

We followed along the river on an old trail, and came across a section that only the Sammi could make, it was way to narrow for my truck. After a couple of hours of work, the three of us managed to stack alot of rocks along the washed out edge. There was a large rock still keeping us from getting by. So we winched, dug and jacked until we spun it around. We had three jacks on the rock, plus it was still so heavy, the winch was draggin my truck instead of the rock. But the road is now wide enough and stable enough to get my fullsize through without scraping (although my spotter sucked on the way back and I scratched some paint off my rear bumper :rotfl: :rotfl:).

Then we had to clear out some brush and trees to get the trail open again a little further down. we found an old rock house along the river, and that was pretty much where the trail ended. We headed back to explore to the west side, and I was navigating through some rocks, my right front axle spit out the u joint cups, so I 2 wheeled it to try to salvage the axle, by I got stopped by some more rocks. I put it in 4wd and hammered down, I made it through, but after a loud clunk/snap, I found parts of my axleshaft on the ground.

We left my truch at the entrance and continued exploring, and at the end of the line to the west, I got out of Kurt's Sammi, started walking through the brush, and just about stepped onto a rattlesnake coiled up an ready to strike. Luckily Kurt spotted it, and I hopped out of the way. Played with the snake for a second, then whacked it and took the rattles...close one there. I might have to look into a first aid kit with a rattle snake kit.

I only made it about halfway back up the canyon before I had to take the strap. The very top of the road is pretty rocky, and I ended up have to winch the last 20 yards to get my truck out.

All in all it was a great day of wheeling, a little sun, a little rain, and a lot of exploring!

Got some good couple hour trails now!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where did you guys drop down at? Was this out towards mountain home? I've been out south of boise down to the river on big foot bar road, and it's not a one way in and out, it goes all the way around, and then back out over by swan falls. I've also found another way down closer to grandview that you can take all the way to grandview, it comes out over by simplot's feed lot.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
its called hole 13.......made many a dollar pulling broken chevy's out of there :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts