Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
damn, I have scraped 2 of them in the last year because no one wanted them. May want to specify years you are looking for. 79-85 are 3" narrower that the later IFS housings...

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Just the housing or the whole she-bang?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
So you want the IFS rear end right?
I am cofused at what you are trying to do. Are looking for a direct repacement housing for your 99' Taco or changing housings all together. I am going to assume that you got a smoakin' deal on a e-locker center section and want to stuff it under your truck. Is this correct?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I want the IFS rear end. The current housing is crushed/cracked at the passenger side spring perch. The axels and 3rd are fine just need the housing.
I'll PM you my #

·
Registered
468 Posts
i have a 87 toy rear that is compete good rear end still in the toy if you wanna test it. Im going to be swapping to full width soon. make an offer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks but I don't think that will work. My search tells me I need '99-04' Tacoma TRD 8.0 E-locker. The open diff housing can be modified to accept the E-locker third member but I'd prefer not to have to do that if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Yeah that sounds about right Larry. The housing we have is for the early IFS truck/4runner so it wouldn't work either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts