Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what D44 axles make a good swap into a yota pickup?:deal: :goodjob:
I know yota axles are pretty strong, and I'm gonna keep mine for a while, but the idea of a front D44 is a better one than birfields, methinks...

·
Registered
89 Posts
AJ the pass drop waggy front is the best match for stock toy stuff. 62 ish wide matches the wide trac rear ( 86 newer ) Rubicon makes a cool offset pad for the SOA conversion. You even get 6 lug pattern, no new wheels needed. I'd leave the rear unless your going to run 38's or bigger tires, then it's 60 time. A toy rear with a gusseted housing will hold up to more than all but the newest aftermarket 44 stuff, and gives better ground clearance. :drive:

·
Registered
169 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
what D44 axles make a good swap into a yota pickup?:deal: :goodjob:
I know yota axles are pretty strong, and I'm gonna keep mine for a while, but the idea of a front D44 is a better one than birfields, methinks...
If you already have the Toyota axle, you might want to go with it.
http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

With the 44, you will have to dump alot of $ into shafts and u-joints to make it hold up as well. Upgrade the Birfs in the Toy axle, and go. If you already had the 44, and had some time/money into it, I'd say go that route. There's a great bang for buck ratio w/ the Toyota stuff....

Keep in mind too, trunion bearings holding on your knuckles, not ball joints, factory hubs that are as strong, or stronger than any after market stuff, any monkey with a welder and a grinder can do a cut and turn on the axle for a nice pinion angle, easily...The housing is mild steel, lighter, more clearance...I'm not dissin the 44, just pointing out some things people dont always consider...There are negatives too...less turn radius(than u-joint axles), ring gear strength(w/steep gears)...etc.............................
:thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the info guys! I know GM stuff inside and out, but my toy knowledge is spotty.. I appreciate all the tricks and tips I can get!:goodjob: :beer:

·
Registered
530 Posts
ALso check out
Sky-manufacturing.com and Front Range Offroad.They have better quality stuff then All-pooo and priced reasonably!Check em out!:goodjob:

·
Registered
530 Posts
And I'm sure you know about the FAQ thread on Pirate4x4 in the toyota forumn.Pretty much answer ANY ???? you could have concerneing yotas

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, been there too... since I first posted this thread, I've found pretty much everything I wanted to know... and then some... and some more... and more yet!:flipoff:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
besides... Planet is my home page, not pirate.. I'd rather post questions here and have answers given here to increase the knowledge available here on this site to make it a better site...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts