Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towpro (Rob) had an accident lastnight around midnite, had a car come back off his wrecker and roll over him. It got his left leg pretty bad, requiring surgery and some added stainless steel. It rolled over his head, but I was told the leg was the worst. He's currently at St. Al's, room 328. Updates will be posted here as they are available.

Just remember, Rob, chicks dig body damage! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
385 Posts
We'll keep him in our thoughts & prayers. Hope he gets well soon!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday he spent pretty much out cold. I was there this afternoon and the p.t. people got him up in a walker(!) at which point he promptly threw up, then, in true "Rob" fashion, said he was going to the nurses station to see the x-rays. :thumb: Pretty bad breaks to both the Tibia And Fibia. Several screws and rods got his foot pointed the right direction (ick!), and they should cast it tomorrow. He's got several stitches on his left ear, staples all over the back of his head, and scrapes on the right side of his head. I forgot my camera, or I'd post some pics. :banghead:

Rudezuke: yes, St. Al's is the one at Curtis and Irving. Room 328, and someone is always there. His wife Christie is staying there, and can be reached at 208-761-7039, if you want to call first.

Normal visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. I'm sure he'd appreciate any visitors that want to come by.

They haven't said yet how long they want him to stay, but knowing him, they wont be able to keep him long, and they might even be glad to see him go :thumb:

quote of the day: (Rob in the ambulance) " If it'd been anyone else, it woulda killed 'em!"

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Best of luck to Him. I had that same work done on my leg years ago and it has never been the same but everyone is diffrent. Hope he heals up okay.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Thoughts and prayers from my family are with him.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just Got off the phone with Rob --- Sounds a litle groggy yet but in good spirits says he may come home tomorrow if he can get a fever down.
Probably the only guy I know that can get his head run over by a pickup and not just one tire BOTH of them. I always knew he had a thick skull but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he will have a long road ahead of getting his feet back under him but he will "get er dun"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a couple shots at the hospital today:

Happy as ever (notice the finger...)

Smacked down and rolled over twice

All in one piece

Foot pointing the right direction

They're not as dramatic as They look in real person, but hey, he's alive. I missed the stitches in the left ear, but he won't miss the gravel they dug out! All in all, his spirits are good, and that's a good sign.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Went up and saw him today....their cell phone for the business is going nuts!!! I think they are both ready to chuck it out the window. Rob was doing good, moving around, and damn lucky that the only major damage was the two bones in the leg. Can't believe his head got runover twice by a CHEVY.....guess that why he drive's ford's, FORD TOUGH!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I told him he didn't have to ditch the run by getting hurt just so my new Blaze wouldn't outrun that pretty pony of his!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sounds like he has had a ton of support too!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i'm glad he's okay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went to see hard head today and he was just getting ready to leave so he is home now. You want to see him to a juggling act you should watch him get into the Excursion with his left foot in a boot and him having to get in backwards and jumping up that high. I have to say this for him, he is still good for a laugh, and he is in good spirits. But what bothers me is he was nice to me, I guess he is in too much pain to beat me black and blue like he usually does everytime he sees me.
Once again we are just really really happy that he is alive and already home, it is a miracle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spoke with him last night and aside from complaining that there were no good television programs on during the day he seemed to be doing well. As his brother I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for your time, your concerns and your prayers during this. People talk all the time about being your friend but you never really know who they are until something like this happens. Thanks for letting your actions speak louder than their words.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Wow! I guess I totally missed this being gone for a little over a week. I have last years worth of 4wd and SUV that you can have if that would help tide you over. I agree daytime TV sucks. Rob, if you need something during the day holler. As I'm around during the day in the summer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts