Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on a Mac, so it might be that, but I can not use forum tools to mark this forum read, or search. Also, I don't seem to have the option for a signature line to have placed in my posts like every other BB of this style allows.
Thanks.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I am on a Mac, so it might be that, but I can not use forum tools to mark this forum read, or search. Also, I don't seem to have the option for a signature line to have placed in my posts like every other BB of this style allows.
Thanks.
Is the dropdown window not showing? Also what happens when you click on the search option in the top navigation bar? I just tried with luck. I can look into the MAC angle and see if thats it.

Anybody else having these troubles?

The sig thing is a membership option.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the dropdown window not showing? Also what happens when you click on the search option in the top navigation bar? I just tried with luck. I can look into the MAC angle and see if thats it.

Anybody else having these troubles?

The sig thing is a membership option.
Correct, the drop window does not work in the FORUM, they work in the individual threads for searching etc, just not in the forums, like I just tried in this thread, drop window came open, went to Gen. 4x4 talk and tried to get the tools window to open and nothing happens. :what: :confused:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just checked and I get the same thing as captkirk. I only get the drop down in the forums under the "site stuff" area, but it works great in a thread.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Ok, I'll dig into it. I think I know what the problem is but I may not have the time untill I get back home to get it nailed.

Thanks for finding it. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
OK, try it now. I found an error with the skin while fixing another problem and I think it was causing this one also.

Let me know....

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, try it now. I found an error with the skin while fixing another problem and I think it was causing this one also.

Let me know....
Ok, the drop window opens and I can click mark forums read. The only thing now that is not happening that does happen on other boards is that after marking read, it does not redirect me automatically back to the parent forum.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Ok, the drop window opens and I can click mark forums read. The only thing now that is not happening that does happen on other boards is that after marking read, it does not redirect me automatically back to the parent forum.
Hmmm. I dont get a redirect at all. It just marks it as read.

Where does it redirect you to?

Anybody else see this? Wondering if it has to do with the Mac browser. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm. I dont get a redirect at all. It just marks it as read.

Where does it redirect you to?

Anybody else see this? Wondering if it has to do with the Mac browser. :darn:
No, that is what I was saying , I am not getting the redirect that I get on other BB boards of this style. Like on Pirate, you mark forums read and it redirects you to the main index of forums. This place just leaves you in the forum with stuff now marked, if that is the way you guys like it, then ok, I can deal, just from my point of view coming over here from other places that redirect when here it does not, made me think something was wrong.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I get it now. It would be more convenient with a redirect. I'll look into it...

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
OK, another problem with the new CSS.

Anyway, try it now, I chopped some code and now it redirects back to the forum. I can set it to land wherever like maybe showing the whole forums instead of just the one you are in.

Let me know your thoughts.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Anyway, try it now, I chopped some code and now it redirects back to the forum. I can set it to land wherever like maybe showing the whole forums instead of just the one you are in.

Awesome. My personal preference, since I'm used to it, would be a re-direct to all the forums page not just the one you are in at the time.
Thanks again man.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Out of luck on this one. Here is the actuall code:

<tr><td class="vbmenu_option"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread&f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow" >$vbphrase[mark_this_forum_read]</a></td></tr>

What that does is calls a funtion within forumdisplay.php and then pops you back to the individual forum at the same time. To get it to jump to the page that has it all. It would need to call code in Index.php and it does not exist in there. One of these slow days, I bet I can hack it to do that but that might go on the project list.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I can set it to land wherever like maybe showing the whole forums instead of just the one you are in.

Sooooo, you spoke a little prematurely eh? :rotfl:

Thanks for looking into it.:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts