Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there are very few TJ wheelers out there, but here's the question:
How do you fold the windshield on a TJ? I actually have all the bolts figured out, it is the darn windshield wipers that are the pain. How does one remove them in a way that they get out of the way, and can be re-installed? (No pry-bar solutions please) :darn:

The wipers are the main difference from you CJ owners (can't recall how a YJ wipers are set up.)

Thanks,

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is a slide tab that you must move that "locks" the wiper to the splined shaft sticking out of the windshield. If I remember right a straight screwdriver can be used to slide the tab and then the wiper comes off leaving only the short splined stub sticking out.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
If it is the same as a chevy, you have to lift the arm to a raised position, then slide the tab, then they slide right off. (trying to help, but im not a jeep guy)

·
Registered
33 Posts
chevycrew said:
If it is the same as a chevy, you have to lift the arm to a raised position, then slide the tab, then they slide right off. (trying to help, but im not a jeep guy)
Yup what he said.
I've got a TJ and on my Avatar the windshiled is down. Pretty simple once you do it, takes about 5 minutes or so from start to finish, including the tie down to the footman loop.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clues. Funny the Service Manual is not clear on this simple step. The metal on those things is so thin, one could easliy break it with the wrong move.

Good tip on folding the wiper away from the windshield first!:idea:

Got it done, ready to trailer with much less wind resistence! :beer: Now I'm looking for a left-handed "bugs-from-the-teeth" removal tool.

Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Blue-J said:
Now I'm looking for a left-handed "bugs-from-the-teeth" removal tool.

Thanks.
They sell THOSE at the Harley shop:rotfl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts